Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 AM

Default 1/2 PLO at the palms: easy play with AA?

I'm pretty new to PLO, have a general idea of the game but by no means solid at it....that said: drunken/friendly 2p2 game at the Palms, villain is 2p2 and taking a lot of flops. Is this standard? I have about 300+ and villain covers.

A couple of limps to villain on the button and he raises pot to 30. I repot out of the sb with AA66. folds around to raiser who calls. Flop is 983 with a flush draw. If I pot I dont have much more behind...easy pot/all in? should i ever flat call pf? ever not pot the flop?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: 1/2 PLO at the palms: easy play with AA?

You can flat-call pre flop if you like.

I think it is standard play re-raise with non-dry aces if you get at least 35-40 % of your stack in pre-flop.

When you have re-raised aces and do not have lot of money left you must shove flop.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Great hand to shove out of position as you have a lot of blockers to anyone with a straight draw. You only fear 99 or 88 here which I would estimate is held around 10% of the time.
You can't consider folding here, so shoving is the only option.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM

If you haven't been raising alot, I really don't like raising preflop in this spot. You really define your hand as AAxx tbh.

So now post flop you really have to bet out here I think because you have the flush draw and since he raised preflop I'm not too worried about an 88/99 in hand. Maybe a 6789 or JT9Q would be hands he could have, but your hand is good enough to go with vs his calling range here on the flop.

I just don't see him calling too many flops because he knows what you have basically (aside from the NFD).
Old 07-04-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not too worried about an 88/99 in hand. Maybe a 6789 or JT9Q

[/ QUOTE ]

You are NEVER worried about 6789 or QJT9 on that flop, why should you be?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:34 PM

Sorry,

Not so much that we're worried about these hands, its just those are the sort of hands that I see gambling with us here in this spot (which is fine).

I was just trying to put him on a calling range post flop.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 PM

thanks for the replies...i figured since i could pot the flop and have 90% of my stack in at that point that it was a decent play. i did pot it and villain folded....i just didnt know at what point the flop texture would indicate that i shouldnt lead pot at the flop. thx again.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Honestly, when I get that much of my stack in preflop in a HU pot, I'm pushing regardless of the flop texture. Maybe JT9 monotone I'd think about it, but even then I'm still probably getting my stack in.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
drunken/friendly 2p2 game at the Palms

[/ QUOTE ]

What i wanna know, are these games running often? I am in vegas for another 2 weeks, and i mainly play plo... I have only spotted one 1-2 game so far, where the stacks where 5 times the buyin, which is too big a disadvantage...

-POW9199
Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
drunken/friendly 2p2 game at the Palms

[/ QUOTE ]

What i wanna know, are these games running often? I am in vegas for another 2 weeks, and i mainly play plo... I have only spotted one 1-2 game so far, where the stacks where 5 times the buyin, which is too big a disadvantage...

-POW9199

[/ QUOTE ]

ive heard that the orleans runs a 1/2 PLO game at night, i assume it has a cap. we went there and they said it usually starts when their nightly tournament starts breaking around 9pmish (you can call ahead and ask).

The only other 1/2 plo game was this one at the palms...we went to the pokerroom, saw multiple empty tables and asked if they would spread it for us, and they did. most any card room in vegas, pending a dealer and an open table will spread a game for you if you have enough players.

edit: the palms gave us a 200 minimum buy in and no max with a 2 dollar capped rake while it remained shorthanded.