Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 AM

Default 25uNL - Extracting value with flush?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($47.05)
BB ($20.10)
UTG ($10.55)
MP ($25)
Hero ($60.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.75</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $11.50
Old 08-18-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: 25uNL - Extracting value with flush?

Bet $2 on the flop and then if called make a weak / scared looking bet on the turn, ~2 (figuring pot to be $6.5 on turn if you bet flop). Hopefully someone will bluff raise to rep the flush, and you can either smooth call and hope be bluffs river again or raise.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:31 AM

1. The flop check is smart, as you had the highest 2 flush cards.

2. I don't see why you didn't bet at least $1.50 on the turn. The $.75 bet just seems really weak, but the reraise gives away the strength, imo. $1.50-$2 is a good sized bet, and you hope that someone has a King (kind of unlikely) or Jack. If not, you probably won't get more callers anyways and extracting value will be impossible if everyone missed and won't draw to a weaker flush.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:48 AM

3bet PF unless you have a reason not to. Since you posted no reads, please 3bet.

Flop bet 60% (or a weak bet) on the flop. Though check is OK for mixing up your play

Re-evaluate on turn. The pot would be bigger, you will have your called 3bets, and called flop bets. Your villians may also think you did not connect with the flop for betting weak and may even lead the turn for you.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:56 AM

Yeah I typically 3bet pre here. Flat calling leaves you with no innitiative in the hand, no ability to cbet, and less defined ranges.

Your check behind on the flop made my eyes hurt. You need to build a pot here so that you can get your entire stack in by the river. Anyone with a king here are gonna put money in the pot with you if you bet, and a lot of random heart hands will too at this level. If you check and another heart comes on the turn, it's gonna be a big scarecard for a lot of holdings you want to extract from right now.

As played bet more on the turn, and turn 3bet is fine to set up a river shove.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM

I like the call preflop. AQss plays well in a multi way pot when you have position. You also don't want to 3bet to $3, putting 30% of your effective stack against a shorter stack and a shove is pretty bad for obvious reasons. I hate slowplaying, but there's not much anyone can have given the action of the hand... I'd just call his turnraise and raise any river if he bets again.