Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: So I had a date tonight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey dude just some advice,

if you actually like this girl, you should stop posting about it here. lets say you guys get serious or something, she's gonna find out about 2+2. when she sees you say stuff like "we didn't have sex so it couldnt be a successful weekend" she's gonna be PISSED whether you're joking or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, i don't understand this at all. People always seem to talk about their girlfriends finding stuff on here. My girlfriend knows I post on a poker forum and it ends there. Why are your girlfriends stalking what you do on the interwebs people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you why. It's because most guys are incapable of keeping the pimp hand strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also why would she be pissed in finding out that he felt like the weekend was a failure because they didn't have sex. Girls know sex is very important to us. Shes going to be mad when she finds out he wanted to sex her? Also it doesn't even sounds like he really wants to anyway. She will think he is sensitive, shy, inexperienced, and possibly not into women if she finds his posts.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT - if you come up again for another date, stay in davis and take her to a resteraunt called Seasons, and go to either Ciocolat or Konditorei for dessert. first one is a big hit but everyone's been there. if you want to take her someplace she probably hasn't been but is really good, go Konditorei.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I don't care for Seasons. You pay 25 bucks and get like 5 oz of food. Booooo. Be a man and take her to Davis Taqueria for California burritos. Awwwww yeaaaah.

But really, eating anywhere downtown then taking a bit of time to explore downtown/walk over to Ciocolat is pretty money. Also Bistro has a pretty nice atmosphere when they have a live band playing. I haven't tried Konditorei, it's kinda out in the cuts. I only see it when I'm going to/from Sushi Nobu, and on those outings I only have one thing in mind.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM

sushi nobu is a solid, fairly similar to fujis buth without 3 hour lines. I was out at jade garden today, such a solid spot for chinese food imo.

as for seasons, I like it for a date because its a bit quieter and less busy than Bistro. It can be hard to carry on good conversation in Bistro, and this can lead to akwardness on a date (though if I was dating a girl and wanted to take her to say, anniversay dinner or something, I agree that Bistro > Seasons.

As I tried to stress in my first post, dessert is the big thing here.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM

Haha, I'm glad I got some Davis experts to give me advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] She lives in Sac but is down in Davis a lot cause of school/friends so hopefully I'll get the chance to go to some of these places.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I'm glad I got some Davis experts to give me advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] She lives in Sac but is down in Davis a lot cause of school/friends so hopefully I'll get the chance to go to some of these places.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Sac and am Davis alum, so hit me up if you didn't already get flooded with advice.

I can't be [censored] to read 10 pages but either PM me for my AIM or ask kolo and I can tell you some really nice places in either city. Hopefully most haven't been mentioned here.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya im at davis now, let me know if I can be of assistance GB, like the rest of this forum I feel very invested in your success.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also why would she be pissed in finding out that he felt like the weekend was a failure because they didn't have sex. Girls know sex is very important to us. Shes going to be mad when she finds out he wanted to sex her? Also it doesn't even sounds like he really wants to anyway. She will think he is sensitive, shy, inexperienced, and possibly not into women if she finds his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-31-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I figured it's pretty obvious that I want to since she's an attractive girl, but obviously the success or failure of our first date isn't based on whether that happens.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:15 AM

ATTN: Davis / Sactown locals;

Facebook friend time.

<------ Jack Attack (UC Davis)

And I'm already GBalla's friend. Brag.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 AM

Dude, I don't have facebook as much as kolo tries to tell me I need it.

AIM: ryan49406