Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 03:14 AM

Default I did this to myself

Apparently a 5 handed or less 20 live game because I don't chop 5 handed or less. Villain is DD. I believe I had already given him the beat he posted in the LC thread, he also has way fewer chips in front of him than he did only an hour or so earlier. He has been playing insanely maniacally wacky and giving everyone else fits because they would obviously be able to beat him if only he played better and respected their raises. Aside from the 1 giant pot I sucked out in he has had the best of me including 1 real big pot where he had the nuts and I had 2nd nuts + flush draw and I think we went 5 bets on the turn. I've not been playing back at him a lot because I haven't received many poker hands, but plenty of napkins. I'm maybe winning a little maybe stuck a little, doesn't really matter at all because I'm bored but obviously not steaming.

So folds to DD in sb and he open limps. I make a comment about how that sort of thing just is not going to fly before I look at my cards. I then look at my cards with 4 chips in hand because this sort of thing is not going to fly. I see T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise. He LRR, oops. I call.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He bets, I decide that I have live cards a ton of the time, plus a lot of cards I can raise on the turn and he maybe folds (5/7/8/T-A, but I was only raising some of them depending on how I felt about his turn bet, I was raising pair no matter what though) because I'm a nit. So I call.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He bets, I raise, he calls but it seems like he thinks for a moment.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He bets
Old 05-14-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: I did this to myself

Pot's probably big enough to call, though I'd be surprised if he expected you to fold. A raise is terrible, because he knows this is a great bluffing card for you and will never fold a better hand. The best thing to do is call and hope to pick off a bluff.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:25 AM

This is a sort of random add on, but before we got moved to this table we started a 3 handed must move 20/40 game after the chick DD was playing HU 75 left and the 3 handed 40 game that me and the other guy were playing broke. In this game the following hand occurs:

I open K4 from button, DD calls in sb or bb.

Flop: Q94 2 hearts
He c/r

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He bets I call:

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets I think a while and fold he has 82o.

I think this swings it more toward a call because I said that I had a 4 but my kicker didn't play before I folded so I have shown the ability to fold premium hands like bottom pair even though he is playing pretty insane preflop but still thinking postflop.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Your T5o hand, just fold the flop, not a good board for your hand no matter what he has.

The K4 hand is actually more interesting I think. You can raise him on the turn there sometimes and check behind on the river. But as you played it, why call turn and muck river? the 9d changes nothing, hearts still missed, and so did JT.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:08 PM

I think the the earlier hand is the reason you should fold this river. He cant expect you to fold a showdownable hand against him again. Also, what hand are you putting him on that calls your turn raise that you beat by the river? KQ, QJ, etc?