Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Full Ring 101 Questions - N00Bs ask here

Oh well, I'm european so I can directly transfer money from moneybookers to my bank account or credit card. Did not knew that this is not possible in US/Canada...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Ok, I have a question that I'm not too sure about.

I set up a fulltilt account a long time ago but never made a deposit in it. I've had friends transfer me money to play on FT. I've also had friends transfer money to me and have then transferred a portion of that money to another friend at a later date.

Since I've never made a real money deposit myself, can I still qualify for a rakeback or do I have to set up a new account in order to get a rakeback?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 PM

send an email about mywebatm to FTP, just to make sure that they still accept for new users.

ive been using them for about a year (when the option first became available on FTP), and havnt had any issues

and Damntra...im not 100% sure. ud probably need a new acct. just b smart
Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Damntra, rather not. I've you already have an account, they very very rarely give u rakeback aferwards... Just ask me...

And split suit, what do you mean by new account? Not too easy, right? Plus you get banned when they get you...
Old 10-29-2007, 02:06 PM

I don't think they ban you, they just take away the RB acct, and leave you with the non-RB acct. And if you have a cash acct, no matter how it was funded, I think that makes it a permanent acct.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:58 PM

FTP is even tighter with their RB. If you have an account of any sort you don't qualify. Period.

I have a free money account but have never had any money there. They wouldn't allow me RB. Some have suggested I could start from scratch with a new account, but I haven't tried it.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:07 PM

i mean b smart. any questions, PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PTracker Question:

How often do you backup your pokertracker databases in case of a computer crash (or dropping computer in a lake, etc..)?
And, where do you backup the 1+ Gig files at? Are there websites that will host these size files for you? Or is it better to use an external hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to get into a routine to do it daily, but in reality, I only do it about once a week. You can accumulate a huge amount of data if you play a lot and trying to re-construct it by requesting hand histories, etc. would be a pain in the butt.

Fortunately, it is not too difficult for me to do because I have more than one hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i never even thought about backing up my database, but def a good idea. is it easy? (i know im not considered a noob but [censored] that i can ask questions too)

[/ QUOTE ]

To back up PT, I just open the folder with PT (On Windows XP, it is C:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2. Sorry, I don't know what if it is the same on Vista). There are 2 files that you want to copy that contain your PT databases: ptrack.mdb and hhdb.mdb. Just copy them to a 2nd hard drive, or a DVD.

Really, the best way to do a backup is just to backup your C drive using the Windows backup program. Not only will it back up your PT databases, but it will back up everything else that might matter to you in case your c drive crashes due to technical reasons or a virus or whatever. For that, you will probably have to invest in a 2nd hard drive. From what I have seen, there are some relatively inexpensive external hard drives that can be connected easily to computers now, even via the USB ports.

Think about how depressing it would be to lose not only your PT databases, but also your emails, anything you might have saved in the MyDocs or other folders, including pictures, videos, songs, spreadsheets, documents, etc.

Then there are all the programs you will have to re-install, the settings you have tweaked and will have to tweak again, all the internet sites you have signed up at and have cookies to aid you logging in but now will have to set up again, and even things you don't know about that you won't realize till something isn't working as expected.

Anyway, the backup program is not that difficult to use and the price of an external HD is relatively low now, so I would suggest doing it on regular basis.

A few years ago, I saw an interview with Margo Kidder, the actress who played Lois Lane in the Superman movies. She had been working on some projects for something like 3 years and her hard drive was wiped out by a virus. Of course, she had never made a backup, so everything was lost. It pushed her over the edge and she ended up wandering around the streets like a homeless person.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Attainable winrates from $25-$200nl 12 tabling, and what how would your vpip/prf change as you move up?

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

at 50nl (where i put i the bulk of my hands 12tabling), 5PTbb/100 is very attainable for a good player.

i run at 12/7/4 (attmpt2steal around 22%, go2SD around 20.5%).

when i play 100nl, i loosen up naturally for some odd reason (16/8.7/4).

hope that helps a lil

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really play that tight??? I am fairly new to cash (from SNG's)and have been around 25/14/2. Are your stats optimal?

What hand ranges do you recommend open betting with, calling with, raising with from what positions? Lets say from EP, MP and LP? Someone told me yesterday my vpip is to high, but I need to figure out which hands to play from where.

Also, what does 5PTbb/100 mean?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...Also, what does 5PTbb/100 mean?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker tracker big bets. You seem to know what Poker Tracker is. So when it shows you your wins as 5 bb(big bets)/ 100h (hands) it means you win 5 bib bets every one hundred hands you play.
Unfortunately bb=big bets is easily confused with bb= big blind. Poker Tracker uses bb= big bets, which is an essentially Limit Poker term. So to avoid confusion people say ptbb/100h, as big bets don't apply to NL...