5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.77
CO: $97.73
Button: $10.40
SB: $103.50
Hero: $134.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($31, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($31, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $14</font>, Hero calls.

Reads and thoughts...
Villian is a reg who is pretty nitty. plays 19 12 2 over a couple hundred hands. nothing specific atm and i have only been at the table a few orbits. this is the 2nd time in a row villian has bet from small to big when it folded to him. i folded the other time. if he knows my normal game is like 30 26 5 but no idea if he knows that or not. im sure he at least knows im a reg tho.

so basically i cant think of any hand he would play in this mannor other then Tx or a boat but really their arent too many combos of Ts he would call with preflop. so do u like this line?? how about bet fold the turn?? i kno i am bluff catching but it seems like a bluff is pretty feasable here.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: 99... 3BET pre and villians line makes no sense so i call on the r

I see him having a big A here or pp 6-9. I call getting 3-1 if you lose, make a note
Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 PM

I fold ): he is betting small so it doesnt look like a bluff and he isnt value betting many hands you beat here
Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold ): he is betting small so it doesnt look like a bluff and he isnt value betting many hands you beat here

[/ QUOTE ]wut kind of range do u put him on by the river???
Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 PM

after he bets?
some hand with a five, some hand with a ten, aces, kings, queens, jacks, eights, sevens, sixes... some random bluff
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM

I think there's a very good chance he'll bet a bare ace here, hoping you'll call for the split or fold a lot of your hands.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after he bets?
some hand with a five, some hand with a ten, aces, kings, queens, jacks, eights, sevens, sixes... some random bluff

[/ QUOTE ]doesnt it seem like there are extremely few combinations of 5 or even T that play preflop given that we know he is semi nitty preflop and being he is oop?

and could u really see him playin KK or AA in this fashion? maybe QQ but really they dont make sense to me. why would he check call then check turn and then lead the river with any of those hands. it is like he is worried his hand is beat and then all of a sudden boom i checked behind on the turn and now im firing half pot (which i have no idea if it is a value bet or a weak ass bluff)

idk it just doesnt make much sense for some one who seems to at least have some understanding of poker and to at least sorta kno im aggro and all to play many hands like this.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doesnt it seem like there are extremely few combinations of 5 or even T that play preflop given that we know he is semi nitty preflop and being he is oop?

[/ QUOTE ]

all depends on how he plays in the blinds

Nitty players often take lines to get cheap to showdown with overpairs on dry flops or maybe he wanted to c/r all in on turn and you checked behind

I don’t know maybe im way wrong, I just don’t see many people bluff a high in spots like these. If I were him id just assume that you would call this river bet with a lot of hands here. I see people c/c or check to see free showdown more often in that spot with hands like ace high,
Old 09-06-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doesnt it seem like there are extremely few combinations of 5 or even T that play preflop given that we know he is semi nitty preflop and being he is oop?

[/ QUOTE ]

all depends on how he plays in the blinds

Nitty players often take lines to get cheap to showdown with overpairs on dry flops or maybe he wanted to c/r all in on turn and you checked behind

I don’t know maybe im way wrong, I just don’t see many people bluff a high in spots like these. If I were him id just assume that you would call this river bet with a lot of hands here. I see people c/c or check to see free showdown more often in that spot with hands like ace high,

[/ QUOTE ]fair enough fair enough. yea i dont have much experience with him in the blind so i really have no idea. but i see wut u r saying.

imma go to bed and let the thread run thru the night before i post results.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: 99... 3BET pre and villians line makes no sense so i call on the river

yea im not given to much credit for Tx or 5x to be in nitty villian's range. I think you see 66-JJ here alot and the way the hand is played it looks like we cbet and give up which opens villians range to like AJ+ IMO. I think we are easily good here 25% of the time. I call.