Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Some of my former friends

Another post here on OOT got me thinking about my past. It asked how many consecutive days have you drank?

You can find it HERE

I started typing this out there and didn't want to highjack that thread. It made me realize how crazy my past was at times and how close I was to being like this forever. I was a past alcoholic (which I have long since beaten, I can now drink socially without problems). I hung around with some not to great people.

They were a bunch of 30 something degenerates (I was 19-20) and they were all alcoholics. Most of them are dead or in jail now. It was not a get a 6pack and watch the game type thing. It was drink until 3 am nightly, get up, drink an OJ or something and start again. Work was something I did little of during this time...but we always seemed to have money to eat and drink.

Not everyone would air their dirty laundry like this..but I could care less. Off the top of my head, here are some of my former "friends".

Mitch - died in 2003 of a herion overdose at 37.

Kenny - currenty in prision for selling coke serving a 7 year sentence. Kenny is 45.

Bill - Bill went to jail in 1990 or 91 for kidnapping a 33 year woman at a bar, crossing the state line into PA, raping her and beating her to near death. She died 6 months later of a lifelong illness that she had. I cannot remember what it was. The judge blamed Bill for excellerating her death. He has currently served 18 years of a 37 year sentence.

Warren - Warren was Bill's brother. He died 4 years ago at age 44. The official cause of death was a drug overdose. Friends and family find it fishy because while Warren was a MASSIVE alcoholic, he was not a drug user.

Alex - Alex was with Bill when Bill committed this rape. When they returned back home after it, Alex went to the police and reported the incident. He also testified against Bill at the trial and currently lives with Bill's former wife (I kid u not). Alex was the biggest alcoholic of the group in the early 90's and has since quit drinking. I believe if Bill is ever released from prison, he will kill Alex.

John M. - John died in 2001 from kidney failure. He was 39. In the 90's John would drink all day long and eat one meal a day right before he went to bed. He would then get up and do it all again the next day.

Ron - Ron was one of the heavier drinkers in this group. I lost track of him for about 8 years and then one day this past summer I saw him walking down the street carrying a case of beer in each hand. I kept driving.

John C. - John C was closer to my age that the others, only 3 years older than me. He was a heavy drinker and drug user. He moved to Texas in 2001 and was in prison 2 years later for Breaking and Entering. I believe he is still in prison.

Larry - Larry was a massive drinker as well back in the day. I ran into him as well over the summer. He claims to be sober living with wife and child and I believe him.

Jim V. - One of my best friend growing up, Jim is my age. Around 1992 he started using heroin and still does to this day. I did not see him for 3 years and then one day out of the blue he came to my house. He brought a friend with him who sat on my couch and fell asleep within 5 minutes. Jim himself was pretty messed up and I asked him to leave. I love this guy, but I cannot have anything to do with him until he gets off that stuff.

James - James was another lifelong friend that I knew since the 3rd grade. He is a herion addict. He has been in and out of prision for the past 10 years. He just finished a 3 year term for writing bad checks about a month ago. I tried to befriend and help him several years back but he ripped me off. First he stole $150 out my a checkbook sitting on my bar. After that I told him never to come around again. One day shortly after this, my gfs son Anthony was sleeping at home alone when our dogs started barking. It woke him up and he noticed someone was in the house. The intruder was alerted that some was home and ran out the back door. Anthony looked out and saw James running through our back yard. He had stolen my lawnmower and camcorder as well.

Kevin - Kevin was another of my good friends my age. His problem was Vicodin and Cocaine. He was an auto mechanic as well. One day we were on our way to a Deep Purple, Scorpians, Dio concert (2000 I believe) and the motor on my car blew. Kevin suggested I have the car towed to the garage he worked at. I agreed. I also gave him $500 to buy and replace the motor. He bought pills instead. Kevin still calls me to this day trying to be my friend. He claims he is now clean, but as you could imagine I don't want anything to do with ANY of these people.

Added after edit
I just remembered Steve. Steve was an a heavy drinker that hung himself 5 years ago over a girl. He was 37 at the time of his death and he set the scene up so the girl in question would be the one that found him (It was in his suicide note). She did.

Well there you go. And these are only the people I remember. I was not as bad as these people in terms of drugs or criminal acts, but I did drink as heavy as they did. My 20 year body was able to take it a lot better than theirs I guess. Plus I stopped drinking completely for 3 years shortly before I turned 22.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Some of my former friends

Now that's what I call hanging out with the wrong crowd.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:55 AM

i thought my friends were dirtbags.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM

Send this to HBO and Showtime. This would make a great cable TV series.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I would love to know what the average day is like hanging out with a group like this.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM

This is great stuff.

And by great I mean, exactly like my life but with better music.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I would love to know what the average day is like hanging out with a group like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing drugs, alcohol, & armed robbery.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually quite fun and how I met my wife, Gwynn. I lived in a house across the street from Kenny (in jail for coke). My wife was best friends with Kennys wife, but she was 100% clean. No drugs, little booze.

I had always flirted with Gwynn and tried to date her and was rejected. One day Bill came over Kennys and had some coke. He asked me if I wanted to shoot it. I agreed I would as I had never done it. My dad was a diabetic and had needles at home. I said I would go get a couple needles and come back. Gwynn pulled me into the other room and asked me if my head was on straight. She said she would go on a date with me if I didn't do the coke. I took her over the coke and the rest is history.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually quite fun and how I met my wife, Gwynn. I lived in a house across the street from Kenny (in jail for coke). My wife was best friends with Kennys wife, but she was 100% clean. No drugs, little booze.

I had always flirted with Gwynn and tried to date her and was rejected. One day Bill came over Kennys and had some coke. He asked me if I wanted to shoot it. I agreed I would as I had never done it. My dad was a diabetic and had needles at home. I said I would go get a couple needles and come back. Gwynn pulled me into the other room and asked me if my head was on straight. She said she would go on a date with me if I didn't do the coke. I took her over the coke and the rest is history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called Dom, we start shooting this as the pilot next Monday.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM

OP after rereading your posts it sounds like you live in Baltimore. Crossing my fingers that the answer is yes...