Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Turn Checkraise, River Bet

Care to elaborate?

Jeff
Old 07-25-2007, 12:24 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the replies guys - interesting thread. I figure I better post the results now before I forget.

Villain called my river bet and my aces lost in a showdown. He showed J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the winner. Weird he wouldn't just bet the turn - I guess he was trying to checkraise the button and then my checkraise iced him and he figured I had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something.

More comments welcome.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies guys - interesting thread. I figure I better post the results now before I forget.

Villain called my river bet and my aces lost in a showdown. He showed J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the winner. Weird he wouldn't just bet the turn - I guess he was trying to checkraise the button and then my checkraise iced him and he figured I had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something.

More comments welcome.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The way loosy froze on the turn after your c/r I would have put him on a strange two pair. Could loosy ever have two pair here?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy in the middle took the line that dumdums take when (a) they have a big draw or (b) have a big hand. The most obvious draw hit on the turn. Sure, he checked that card, but the LP player capped the flop and the EP guy is an idiot, so he could easily be trying to c/r that card. If he doesn't have a flush, he has at least 2pair or a set, in which case he is never ever folding and may be planning to 3ball it. You have the nut draw. Why pay more to see the river when you almost surely are beat?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to understand you reasoning for the turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/ring this turn is very very bad.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine playing this any differently in a juiced up game. Check/calling the turn here would be way too weak and leaving money on the table, plus EP could have many weird draws that need to be charged and you should have CO beat almost every time. River is good because once he got there, well you know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reasonable draw that didnt get there on the turn. was 78 this guy played his hand EXACTLY like a diamond draw or at least 2 pair. ugh.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 AM

Loose player check/3 bets the flop and then checks the turn when the draw hits? I don't agree that he played his hand like a draw at all. To me his hand looks like a pair and then when he coldcalls on the turn it looks like he picked up a draw to go with his pair.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Loose player check/3 bets the flop and then checks the turn when the draw hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely. loose player is an idiot, and CO was the last aggressor on the flop. loose player is gonna assume that CO is obligated to bet, even though a hideous card rolled off.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To me his hand looks like a pair and then when he coldcalls on the turn it looks like he picked up a draw to go with his pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would agree that his hesitation on the turn looks like a pair + big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but imo that is info we should not have.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Loose player check/3 bets the flop and then checks the turn when the draw hits? I don't agree that he played his hand like a draw at all. To me his hand looks like a pair and then when he coldcalls on the turn it looks like he picked up a draw to go with his pair.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really fault the way this "loose" guy played his hand postflop. You do realize that the CO capped both preflop and the flop? If I make my flush on the turn I think that it is pretty much a mandatory CR since the TAG in position has shown he loves his hand and we get to trap jeffage as well. This turn gets checked through never.