Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 05:56 AM

Default FTP 55k Overpair on Draw Heavy Flop

This is the 4th hand of the tourney, so I don't have any reads but I have PT stats which are 20/9/1.1.

I was totally unsure of how to proceed after the flop here. There are tons of draws out, but is it a a spew commit to the hand? Once the turn bricked I thought I had two options: shove or check fold. What would you guys do?

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP2: 3,320
CO: 2,970
BTN: 2,970
SB: 2,980
BB: 3,000
UTG: 2,930
UTG+1: 2,830
UTG+2: 3,000
Hero (MP1): 3,000

Pre-Flop: (30) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 70</font>, MP2 calls 70, CO folds, BTN calls 70, SB folds, BB calls 50

Flop: (290) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 180</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to 830</font>, BB folds, Hero calls 650

Turn: (1,950) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???</font>
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: FTP 55k Overpair on Draw Heavy Flop

i really think its a flop fold. i didnt immediately come to that conclusion, so i definitely can see why you posted this thread, but i think its a fold.

in a hu pot i think you should probably go broke on the flop. but in a 4-way pot when you raised from ep and are betting into the field on the flop, and get a PSR from someone that could have just taken one off in position.. you just don't see a draw here that often except occassionally some big combo draw that just wants to get it in and run it. typically you're drawing pretty thin.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: FTP 55k Overpair on Draw Heavy Flop

Thanks mlagoo. When its this deep I was considering seeing a wide range with some stuff like AQ, TT and Ad9d that I beat, but also 99, JJ &amp; T8 that dominate me. I wasn't really considering during the hand how strong I look thus he is probably ahead when raising.

If this hand was heads up, would this be a bad line to take? You mentioned I should go broke on the flop....my thinking was if I see the turn I can give myself another chance to release with more information.

Unknown villains give me trouble in these spots because I'm not sure if they are going to gamble early of if they're nut peddling.