Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Heroes - 11-12 - Background Episode

[ QUOTE ]
I think that he saw himself being stabbed and saw himself becoming president and thought it needed to happen for him to become all powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't really think this is how it works. There's no reason to think following one painting makes the next more likely. How many paintings have we seen not come true? There was the painting of NYC blowing-up, right? And the two of Sylar/Nathan as president. (Although those might happen later.)

Anything else?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that he saw himself being stabbed and saw himself becoming president and thought it needed to happen for him to become all powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't really think this is how it works. There's no reason to think following one painting makes the next more likely. How many paintings have we seen not come true? There was the painting of NYC blowing-up, right? And the two of Sylar/Nathan as president. (Although those might happen later.)

Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]
yea but sylar also didn't have all of the knowledge that we have plus we saw how long it took for Issac to understand his power and he had it for much longer than sylar did. If he saw a sequence of events leading to him becoming president he would probably think every little thing had to happen as he saw it. Also in the dark future when Sylar is president Hiro had stabbed Sylar.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read anything in the thread or seen the episode yet but please don't name the thread "Background episode". It's a verrrrry small spoiler but it still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

d-bag award!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After thinking it over, Haitain autoblocks Parkman (episode where Haitain didn't even know Parkman was nearby and still couldn't be read) and chooses if he want's to block others. (Blocked Sylar while not blocking Eden in season 1)

Belok, the Hiro stab of Sylar was odd at first glance, but there isn't much distance between them on second viewing (10 feet or less), and Sylar can be snuck up on (Niki clobbing him with a parking meter) plus he thinks Hiro is a coward.

Going back in time to make an army of Hiros would probably rip the space-time continuum in shreds, which Hiro always worries about.

Elle prorbaly isn't the cause of Claire's house fire since they never stated Meredith had more than one kid and it's assumed/said Meredith burnt her own house down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar getting stabbed was 100% ridiculous and you really cant defend it. Even if hiro showed up 1 foot from sylar, he can -STOP BULLETS MID-AIR-. He cant stop some nerdy asian kid with a sword who announced himself and charged screaming? does not compute.

There has been no mention of "tearing the space-time continuum" or whatever the hell that means in the story so far. Hiro traveled to the future and met himself, who's to say that he cant travel to the past and do the same?

Blah, too many holes and too little story to keep my interest. If the fight scenes were good I'd at least be interested in the next episode...as it is, I'm probably not even going to continue watching - ah well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another episode with totally unbelievable stuff. I mean come on, if you were Kristin Belle's trapped sex slave, why would you possibly want to escape?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not a masochist. You can have her.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another episode with totally unbelievable stuff. I mean come on, if you were Kristin Belle's trapped sex slave, why would you possibly want to escape?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's crazy, keeps zapping a guy who can't autoregenerate ATM, and he's more of a occasional kiss slave then a sex slave. Pass

[ QUOTE ]
How many paintings have we seen not come true? There was the painting of NYC blowing-up, right? And the two of Sylar/Nathan as president. (Although those might happen later.)

Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every painting has come true except Mohinder holding a gun and HRG dead. Some happened but not in the main timeline. (NYC=boom, Sylar/Nathan=pres, Micah in a burning building)

[ QUOTE ]
Sylar getting stabbed was 100% ridiculous and you really cant defend it. Even if hiro showed up 1 foot from sylar, he can -STOP BULLETS MID-AIR-. He cant stop some nerdy asian kid with a sword who announced himself and charged screaming? does not compute.

There has been no mention of "tearing the space-time continuum" or whatever the hell that means in the story so far. Hiro traveled to the future and met himself, who's to say that he cant travel to the past and do the same?

Blah, too many holes and too little story to keep my interest. If the fight scenes were good I'd at least be interested in the next episode...as it is, I'm probably not even going to continue watching - ah well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Aw man, some stripper just hit me upside the head with a parking meter. HAHA Peter, you're gonna blow up in a minute. I win. OH NOES! TEH ASAIN GUY WHO CAN'T STAB ME! I'm so Scar....ow, my **** just got ruined."

Sylar's not the pillar of modesty, he doesn't think Hiro can do anything. And he might have frozen up, non-superheroes sometimes can't step out of the way of a car, and you expect Sylar to automatically wave Hiro out of the way?

Hiro and Future Hiro both mention the space-time continuum being in danger many times. Maybe they're just being paranoided, but going back in time and getting 100 of you would be kind of dangerous. Especially when you can beat anyone (except Peter) by freezing time and stabbing the guy.

Too many holes? It's a comic book on the TV, not Shakesphere.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about this episode was setting up the ambiguity of good vs. evil irt Bob and Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or evil vs. evil or retarded vs. evil.

Yugoslav
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM

i thought this episode was meh

bob is actively neutralizing or taking control of all the "good guys" soldiers. this would allow someone like adam or sylar to have an easier time of it, or maybe make it easier to spread a plague.

obviously there is manipulation putting adam and peter within speaking distance and making it so easy to escape. adam obviously had no problem with their cell conversations being overhead (but of course there is already the plothole of mohinder not worrying about his phone conversations with noah being heard in the facility).

adam was unquestionably deceiving hiro during samurai-era japan, right? he had to figure hiro was a good guy, yet he didn't let on to his identity. meanwhile he has no problem telling peter he is 400 years old. but if he is supreme evil guy, why didn't he make sure hiro died when he had the chance? peter to hiro has always been the connection that saves the day, but adam seems intent on separating them.

if adam is working with bob why would bob reveal his identity to mohinder and matt?

i always figured the haitian could only block mental abilities. what power of sylar's did he block? i'm guessing his decision to wipe peter's memory was... in hopes of making him forget his friendly feelings for adam? i can't think of another reason other than the lame one of wanting to liberate peter from his power/life.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about this episode was setting up the ambiguity of good vs. evil irt Bob and Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or evil vs. evil or retarded vs. evil.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded & evil vs. evil & retarded
Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read anything in the thread or seen the episode yet but please don't name the thread "Background episode". It's a verrrrry small spoiler but it still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

1)The title of the episode is 4 months ago
2)The commercial all say it's a flashback episode
3)The preview after last week's episode said it's a flashback

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only relevant for you americans/canadians who watch in on TV though. I have the luxury of not having to deal with commercials and previews, and I'd prefer to keep it that way if possible.