Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: 300/600 river spot

I think push here is a big spew
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM

I think when he called your 8400 reraise on turn it indicates that he is on some draw and his river bet is an attempt to get you to fold even though he missed his draw. I assume he is thinking/hoping you only have one pair and assuming you will more than likely fold with just one pair.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think push here is a big spew

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he has J4hh.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i dont.
i think it is unlikely he just calls with a pair+flush draw on the turn as he's got to figure its unlikely you'll pay off a big bet if the heart comes, so most GOOD players won't call a PSB on the turn with the FD.

however its very possible he has a pair+straight draw figuring he can get some $$$ if he improves as well as bluff the flush if it hits.

so that leads me to believe that his turn call is either a made hand or a pair+straight draw, and makes me think he river lead is of the made hand variety since his line seems to have the least potential fold equity of any of his possible alternate lines.

therefore a push has marginal value as smaller two pair has to be considered part of his range, however of the made hands i think 34/set is way more likely so i would never push, and while i wouldn't be terribly suprised if i was beat your hand is too strong HU to fold.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i dont.
i think it is unlikely he just calls with a pair+flush draw on the turn as he's got to figure its unlikely you'll pay off a big bet if the heart comes, so most GOOD players won't call a PSB on the turn with the FD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I have found about a lot of high stakes players (though I have never played this high), is that they seem to think there are always implied odds, or magical bluffing equity exists for their draws. Not saying this is the case w/ this guy, but I have seen plenty of bad to even very good high stakes players make very suspect calls w/ weakish draws.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something I have found about a lot of high stakes players (though I have never played this high), is that they seem to think there are always implied odds, or magical bluffing equity exists for their draws. Not saying this is the case w/ this guy, but I have seen plenty of bad to even very good high stakes players make very suspect calls w/ weakish draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree...i just think they are more likely to shove/fold on the turn with the flush draw then they are to call.
however they will often call with the straight draw figuring they have implied odds on the str8 draw and can bluff if the flush comes.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:21 AM

Do you think if villian was stronger than cts two pair, he would opt for a ck raise all in on river, figuring cts was on turn bluff and could put him on a missed draw. I probably would opt toward calling myself, if my two pair was a little stronger I might shove, but just somethin to think about
Old 05-31-2007, 12:20 PM

Default results

I called. He had QQ.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
I called. He had QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. did NOT see that one coming

i call anyway btw, i think if he was valuetowning or betting a 1 pair hand trying to induce a shove from you he would've bet a little less on the river.

sry it didnt work out last time
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: results

Was flop check for control or deception? Just wondering.