Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime

How the [censored] do his parents not bail him out here? The fact that this obvious route wasn't mentioned makes me doubt he is a good kid. I mean ffs any working person should be able to get a 6k loan right?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How the [censored] do his parents not bail him out here? The fact that this obvious route wasn't mentioned makes me doubt he is a good kid. I mean ffs any working person should be able to get a 6k loan right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a pretty good relationship with my parents (at least I think?). However, I know for a fact that they would not bail me out of a situation like this, and I wouldn't even dream about asking nor expect them to do so.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:18 AM

Ya I obviously told him no, but said I'd think about it and that I felt bad (pretty much a lie). I just felt kind of douchey refusing to help a kid when I'm his only friend that can.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya I obviously told him no, but said I'd think about it and that I felt bad (pretty much a lie). I just felt kind of douchey refusing to help a kid when I'm his only friend that can.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he wanted a BJ and you were the only one around and didn't give him one would you tell him you feel bad about that too?

Do ever lend significant money to anyone,especially people who have proven they can't manage it in the past. All it does is cause hard feelings between you, friends, family etc.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:13 AM

havent finished the thread, but hell no dont pay him

just make something up
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If he wanted a BJ and you were the only one around and didn't give him one would you tell him you feel bad about that too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you're thinking ahead to visiting hours when OP is seeing his friend in prison. Smart man!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 AM

guy is dumb enough to steal from CVS deserves to pay his own debt
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 AM

This is definitely a scam. I could never see a store like CVS making a deal like this - why would they want to send a message to all of their cashiers that if they steal from the store and get caught, all they have to do is pay it back? Store management would be taking a huge risk of letting this kid just skip town and they should be smart enough to know that he'll never be able to repay the money. Plus how the hell would he manage to net $6k from a store like this? Most people pay with plastic these days - it would take a lot of stealing over a very long time to get that much.

If by some chance you are dumb enough to fall for this, arrange to meet with the store manager and give the money directly to him, not to your friend. And then count on never getting any of it back.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is definitely a scam. I could never see a store like CVS making a deal like this - why would they want to send a message to all of their cashiers that if they steal from the store and get caught, all they have to do is pay it back? Store management would be taking a huge risk of letting this kid just skip town and they should be smart enough to know that he'll never be able to repay the money. Plus how the hell would he manage to net $6k from a store like this? Most people pay with plastic these days - it would take a lot of stealing over a very long time to get that much.

If by some chance you are dumb enough to fall for this, arrange to meet with the store manager and give the money directly to him, not to your friend. And then count on never getting any of it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much standard for any company to let you off if you pay the money back. Do you think the CVS manager would rather have some kid he'll never see again sit in jail for 1/2 a year or get his [censored] $6,000 back??

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 AM

They can get both.