Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Credibility of Rake back calculators

I have been looking at a lot of the rake back calculators online. For 50NL 6max at 40% rake back they say you should get back $3 hr 1 tabling and $13 an hour 4 tabling.

After 7983 hands at 50NL 6max, i have been raked $265.05
I have an MT ratio of 3.73 and i have played 26.13 hours according to Poker tracker.

That means i only get about $4 rake back 4 tabling as opposed to the $13 an hour all the rake back calculators say.

Are the figures computed by rake back calculators higher so more people join rakeback sites? Or are other people generating more rake than me per hour?

I have VPIP/PFR/AG =14.87/11.06/2.52
Old 09-25-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Credibility of Rake back calculators

rb calculators are full of sh,it
Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 PM

Hey Speedlimits,How much rake did you generate at 50NL 6 max over x number of hands ?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rb calculators are full of sh,it

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 PM

I have found so far that rakeback calculators tell you that you will get twice as much rakeback as what you actually recieve. Anyone else found this?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have found so far that rakeback calculators tell you that you will get twice as much rakeback as what you actually recieve. Anyone else found this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem is that the same rb calc has been resold over and over again. I believe the original rb calcs used hh's from 2004 Party Poker which would have higher pot averages then now and for limit games would have a less player friendly rake schedule then many rooms have.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 AM

i created the first rb calc, people are selling them? i never saw a dime from them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i was under the impression people were just reengineering(hows that buzz word!) my calc....

and PA is right, the original calibration was from party and its skins back in the day. we updated the numbers during the first half of 06, but the reason the numbers are so off is because there are so many different networks and types of rake calculations on each network. the difference in results also goes to show how the poker sites are readjusting their allocation of the rake taken in to lower their payouts to affiliates.

there is a need to create a calc that takes into account the different networks and all the different tables, limit structures, games and the resulting rake from it. there are tons of variables and a substantial sample set of hands is needed to get an accurate picture of how much rake is generated per hand per player. it is quite a project. it was easy back in the day when the majority of players were just on party/skins and most sites used the dealt method.

ive seen this type of post several times over the life of this forum, and the tone seems to be that us RB affils are stacking the numbers to dupe players into thinking they will receive more back than they really will. that is not the case for my site, we dont have the time or resources to do that project and then have it ripped off by every other site out there........after this long winded post we will do a recalibration of some sort to bring numbers to a more agreeable +- 15% margin of error.

morg.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:42 AM

Morgant brings up another great point. For example AP/UB used to use dealt, now it is contributed. Also FT deducts anything you can imagine even though they still use the dealt method. Also the quality of games are not what they used to be. Also to answer Morgants q, I know people are selling them as I had two people try to sell them to me when I owned RRR. Maybe I was the only one as I would think most affiliates are subs and probably used their parent affiliate's rb calc for free.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 AM

OP your numbers are low because your a NIT... loosen up a bit it's good for the game