Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Sharp Sports Betting also apply to soccer? (n00b question)

[ QUOTE ]
As a european you have a great selection off square books. Expekt aswell as bwin, bet365, stan james or unibet have often rediculouse soft and slowmoving lines. Pinny for sure is great, but even on a small bankroll i would not want to miss lineshopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, well, they're good for some soft lines and very trustworthy businesses. Unless you win, you'll have a pleasant experience with them.

For all other needs there are Betfair, Pinnacle and a few Asians. Don't worry about them with small stakes though. SBO, for example, can be awesome.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a bit of an outsider I've also ordered "The Football Betting Science" by Gary Christie which is 100% about betting on soccer.

The three of them should keep me occupied for a while [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a very good book Im afraid. I think you will struggle to find anything scientific. Some of the author’s comments seem a little strange as well. He doesn’t seem to grasp the Fundamental concept of sports betting which is VALUE or as it’s said in these forums EV.

The best book I have found for betting has been the "racing posts definitive guide to betting on sport".

It contains an excellent section on handicapping UK soccer games. It also goes into detail about value and how to spot it. A lot of it is aimed at the UK market but the core concepts can be applied to most sports.

Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just in time to cancel it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM

True it took bet 3,65$ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 12 wagers to cut my limits, in big markets under 50$ a shot and in smaller once under 10$. Since OP is going to stake less then 100$ per bet i dont think that cutting limits will bother him much.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Agree with the mentioned books, if you start to get your account limited on the fun books, when you increase the stakes (if you decide to do it obviously), it usually means you are doing pretty good.