Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else noticed that with 3 tables left we still have 3 Vietnamese players.

On average, Viets are the greatest poker players in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent sample size. What do you have to say about other ethnic/racial groups?

[/ QUOTE ]

How long and how closely do you follow poker ? I don't claim to have performed a rigorous statistical study, but it's clear to me that expressed as a ratio of great players to world population of the race/ethnicity, Viets are by far the best. It's not even close.

All my Vietnamese friends who follow poker agree with me. Yes, they might be biased a bit, but they follow poker closely (precisely because of all the great Viet players) and in general they know their stuff.

What race/ethnicity do you think rivals Viets for producing great poker players. I'm interested to hear your opinion.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else noticed that with 3 tables left we still have 3 Vietnamese players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent sample size. What do you have to say about other ethnic/racial groups?

[/ QUOTE ]

How long and how closely do you follow poker ? I don't claim to have performed a rigorous statistical study, but it's clear to me that expressed as a ratio of great players to world population of the race/ethnicity, Viets are by far the best. It's not even close.

All my Vietnamese friends who follow poker agree with me. Yes, they might be biased a bit, but they follow poker closely (precisely because of all the great Viet players) and in general they know their stuff.

What race/ethnicity do you think rivals Viets for producing great poker players. I'm interested to hear your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is you know jackshit about how statistics work
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban, please, and nobody answer this douche. K thx.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

White Americans.

Anyways, this could be better in another thread. We shouldn't hijack this one.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been educated at RWU
( Reggie White University )
I still want someone to turn my watch into a transistor radio
Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 PM

"Clock on Table 3!"

Bill Edler raised to 250,000 from late position, John Armbrust called from the cutoff, Roy Winson raised to 900,000 from the small blind, Edler folded, and Armbrust moved all in for 5.3 million.

Winston went into the tank for so long the clock was called on him, but he eventually mucked his hand. One of Winston's friends on the rail was so incensed that the clock was called that he muttered something nasty to the table and stormed off.

After the hand, Winston was down to 3.2 million while Armbrust crossed the 7 million mark.

Nice to see the gallery getting involved.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM

I heard that Rain Khan guy once played 79 Heads up sit n gos at once.

[ QUOTE ]
Billy Spadea vs. Philip Hilm

At the Featured Table, Philip Hilm limps from the small blind for 80,000, and Billy Spadea checks his option. The flop comes {10-Clubs}{10-Diamonds}{10-Spades}, and there is a surprisingly subdued reaction from the crowd. (Final table crowds usually ooh and aah at flops like this.) Hilm bets 110,000, and Spadea calls.

The turn card is the {4-Clubs}, and both players check. The river card is the {3-Hearts}, Hilm checks, Spadea bets 200,000, and Hilm calls.

Spadea shows {6-Clubs}{3-Diamonds} for a full house, tens full of threes, and Hilm mucks. Billy Spadea wins the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg why do you call a flop bet with six high and then *not* steal back on the turn? Stupid.

Just in case it hasn't been noticed, Scotty Nguyen is now 13th in chip count out of the remaining 26 players.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Rain Khan guy once played 79 Heads up sit n gos at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

All against Bill Brasky.