Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 03:17 AM

Default Re: 6 Max fundamentals for SSNL players

Cracko..... you've helped my game. I was in a rut and reading your thread here and baluga's time in The Well has helped me get rid a few bad habits and made me a winnng player again.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:39 PM

nice post
wanted to drop in and say a couple quick things

1) the key to successful play is playing a lot of hands OTB and playing very tight UTG and in MP. My stats are almost nittish now (19/16) but I play a lot of hands OTB and I am extremely aggressive raising them and reraising them. Keep the pressure on the other guy, not on you.

2) Careful with your cbets, especially at uNL. Cbetting out of control is spew. I will always cbet HU, and often vs 2 villains if the board is paired on the flop, or if it is A high with two rags. However, if you raise UTG with 22, get 2 callers, and the flop is J95 with a FD... just check it. A ton of hands are calling your bets.

otherwise, NH, start raising and playing aggressive poker
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 PM

ty tien , am crushing micro 6 max now, and also adjusted it to 9 max, working well, building br to keep moving up now, i will grind it out, tilting has been eliminated in my game now too.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how is everyone doing?

Killing micro stakes yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put it this way. I have a ordered a custom t-shirt that says "Raise that [censored] up!!!".
Old 12-06-2006, 08:13 PM

Glad you bumped this Tien...

Your 2 posts kicked my butt in gear, especially the "I don't give a [censored]" section. Have neither cared nor complained about the cards since you set me right, and my game has improved significantly simply from knocking bellyaching out of my system.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 11:33 PM

I must say that I am a bit more aggressive now. But,some of my observations are that my opponents begin to loosen up their hand requirements and begin to call my raises with marginal holdings such as J8. Also, I am getting played back at alot. When I do have a big hand, there is no problem in getting paid off.

Tien, is there anyway that you could discuss some of the nuances of postflop play. This is where I have my greatest level of difficulty. Though I am beginning to take charge of the tables in that reqard also.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how is everyone doing?

Killing micro stakes yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi
I don't post much to 2+2 but read lots. Your post re: 6 max fundamentals was excellent. i've played a whole lot of poker at mostly breakeven. For a good number of years I have known what the correct strategy is for TAG play but I lacked the discipline to apply it. My brother, a fairly successful MSNL player, has been on at me for ever about what I have been doing wrong. I listened, and then carried on making the same mistake. I played too many hands and didn't play them aggressively enough. Then, frustrated, I would get stacked time and again holding big pairs ("I have AA. I must be good here").

So anyway, I cashed out a little bit a few months ago and then proceeded to play some of the worst poker of my life. Just horrible. I went busto twice. My brother set me up again, I'd do okay, pay him back and then go busto. I currently owe him 250 bucks. I intend paying him back before I move up in limits. Thanks to your post, I don't think that will be too far away.

Since reading the post on Wednesday I have *totally* altered how I play, getting through 5500 hands at NL50. I have made 17.7 BB per 100 hands. I realise that this isn't likely to be sustainable and that I have run good, but I cannot overlook the fact that I am playing better because I am making better decisions preflop, and that is thanks to your post. I read it every time before I play a new session .I am just about ready to move up to the 100 game and pay my brother back.

Thank you.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:24 PM

man this post is [censored] bomb ! Thanx !
Old 12-18-2006, 01:21 PM

this is the one post that has improved my game tenfold.

thanks tien.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damnit

didn't know this would be so popular.

Next article may come in the next week or 2. But I have lost so much desire to think about poker lately that I haven't even put thought into how to write my next article.

Next one probably won't be as good, but if you guys keep nagging me, I will probably write it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nagging again. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

and again!