Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Actor / Actress that you thought would hit the next level, but did

Mark Ruffalo
Old 06-05-2007, 11:30 AM

Modine is a good one. He's talented and likeable enough to be a star. Maybe he doesn't give off the impression of macho that really big stars make so much of.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe would be nice to do an opposite thread who u never expected their carreer to take off, yet have a nice one going for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce Willis
Old 06-05-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe would be nice to do an opposite thread who u never expected their carreer to take off, yet have a nice one going for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce Willis

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought he had superstar written all over him from the very first episode of Moonlighting.

Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Sally Field (Flying Nun and Gidget) looked far more unlikely to break out big in their early careers.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce Willis

[/ QUOTE ]

Much as Katie loves the guy, I have to agree here. I will say he was good in the show Moonlighting, if you're into that kind of thing. Of course, it's not hard to look good acting against Cybil Shepherd. But still, he had his charm there. He seemed an extremely unlikely, pretty doughy action hero to me, though, and an even less likely anything else. But this was back in the day when you had action heroes like Michael Keaton, who looks like he survives on doughnuts, so maybe my expectations were too high.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Actor / Actress that you thought would hit the next level, but didn\'t

Kevin J. O'Connor
Holly Hunter
Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Actor / Actress that you thought would hit the next level, but didn\'t

Emilio Estevez-I thought he was great in The Breakfast Club and especially Repo Man, not sure what happened after that. It was sad to see him play such a small role in Mission Impossible.

Charlie Sheen-He's certainly successful and did hit the next level to a certain degree but I would have preferred he stuck to big "oscar worthy" movies as opposed to comedy or TV. Platoon and Wallstreet were so good.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 AM

Eric Stoltz is the best call mentioned thus far. If only he hadn't been fired from "Back To The Future"...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric Stoltz is the best call mentioned thus far. If only he hadn't been fired from "Back To The Future"...

[/ QUOTE ]

He was fired from BTTF? Haha! I didn't know that. I used to be in love with him. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Not that I particularly care for him, but you would think that Val Kilmer's career would have gone further than it did. Apparently when you're an ass on the set, word gets around and parts dry up.

Although she achieved more success, this apparently happened to Helen Hunt. Hit TV show, Oscar, then zip. Supposedly her nickname rhymes with her last name.