Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Default NL50, KK on monotone action flop. is this always push?

villain here is running 27/7 over 120 hands. when i made the cbet on flop, i actually liked my hand. but after i was check raised on this flop, i figure he has to have at least 2P to make the check raise on this action flop. what would be the best way to proceed with this hand. as you can see, i pushed the flop. looking at the stack sizes though, i think i have almost no F/E. any other way to play this hand? thx.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $97.80
BB: $45.05
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $137.35</font>
MP: $98.25
CO: $55.05
BTN: $76.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $19</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $135.60</font>, BB calls all-in for $24.30
Uncalled bet of $92.30 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($92.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($92.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: NL50, KK on monotone action flop. is this always push?

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 48.776% 46.66% 02.12% 37879 1717.00 { QQ-99, ATs+, A8s-A2s, QJs, Q9s, J9s, QJo, Q9o, J9o }
Hand 1: 51.224% 49.11% 02.12% 39867 1717.00 { KcKh }

Am i doing it wrong?
If im not, i think its a cool play
Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 PM

I see no reason to even bet the flop. Try to keep the pot small and get to a cheap showdown (unless you catch the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). With two callers of your raise preflop, you don't take it down often enough on such a highly coordinated flop, and it's real easy to end up with a second best hand here.

As played, flop is push/fold of course, his line is weird but I just sigh and let it go.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM

Um I play it exactly as you did. You're afraid of 1 card and one unlikely flopped flush/straight. I think it's a great spot to go all-in.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 PM

This looks totally standard to me.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see no reason to even bet the flop. Try to keep the pot small and get to a cheap showdown (unless you catch the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). With two callers of your raise preflop, you don't take it down often enough on such a highly coordinated flop, and it's real easy to end up with a second best hand here.

As played, flop is push/fold of course, his line is weird but I just sigh and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

We lose so much value by not betting this flop. This hand is so standard
Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-23-2007, 10:36 PM

well my standard play is to go AI on this flop as i did in the hand. i just wanted to know if that's what others would do. if i can ask one more question, i said in OP that since my opponent has so little behind, i think i have almost zero fold equity. but what if my opponent had double the stack he has right now? should I go AI then, or call his check raise and evaluate on the turn? sure, i will have more fold equity due to his bigger stack but i am quite certain that my overpair is behind his range when he check raises me on this flop right? so how does my play change if villain has double the stack behind? thank you.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like when orange quotes me, it makes me think I'm doing something right [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]