Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

That's a really nice gesture with the scale, bb! I remember when my 350lb-max scale read "E" when I [censored] stepped on it in around January of this year. Pretty sickening feeling, and just seeing 331 whenever I weighed that much was pretty gratifying.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:15 PM

Nice job, Whipsaw.

Yeah, Jeff, that -E- is a killer...I didn't weigh myself for probably 15 years before I started on my weight loss (basically because I was afraid of what the scale would say, and I didn't want to face up to the fact that I had a problem), but I tried a couple of times over the years and got the error. It's a killer. It's even more of a killer (and indicitive of the level of denial that I was in) that the -E- didn't make me get moving and change what I was doing...it literally took me feeling like I was going to die - and finally feeling like that would be a bad thing (which wasn't always the case) - to get me to change what I was doing. It's a crazy thing, that denial. Being super-overweight is just horrible in every way...I still have a ways to go, but the difference in my life is just absolutely mind-blowing.

Which is why I've been bumping this thread, btw - because I wish the same change for other people, and I hope they don't get to where I got before they do something.

-bb.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 PM

I just clicked on this, happy to see a popular thread about smoking big fat joints. Too bad.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 AM

Yes!

Things are going great. I've curtailed (but not totally eliminated) my drinking and weed consumption, and have been doing B4L since I last posted about it. I've been spending a lot of time working on making sure to eat as suggested in the book, and have done it about 90% perfectly. My little slips or mistakes here and there are like nothing when most of the time I'm hammering away and I'm hitting the gym six days a week.

Feeling good, and really starting to look good! I'm wearing an old 2XL t-shirt now, and while it's still very baggy it's starting to show how my upper body is transforming. My chest is bulging out a bit (but not in a man titty way) my shoulders are looking huge and overall I'm
starting to resemble human shape again!

Thanks for the support, off to the gym for Lower Body day!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:50 PM

Sweet work, Jeff! You really get it; you should be proud.

I actually hit my personal weight loss goal that I'd set for the year this morning. When I set it I thought it would be unreachable within the year, but I figured I'd aim high. It's only been 8 months since I set it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Consequently, I'm going to go buy myself a new iPod now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How's the Kettlebell work going, btw? Any new exercises? I was wanting to work some new ones in, but I've been insane busy lately so just putting in my hour a day of exercise has been all I can do (though I haven't missed a day of that, of course). I've upped the KB weight to 50 lbs, so I'm still making progress, but it would be good to throw something new into the routine.

-bb.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:25 PM

If I can add a few words of wisdom...

I'm 6-6 and about average size. For most of my life I've been very active in basketball and I didn't really add weight easily. Than last summer I hurt my back seriously at work and could no longer workout like I was use to. I put on about 30lbs that I had lost in the last year.

Being active is huge, and it doesn't have to be much just more active than you are now. If you don't lift a finger to do anything exercise related. Than two 1 mile walks a week is going to be a big difference. Also the OP said between May 2006 and Jan 2007, you should think of things more like from now until Jan 2009, this is not a quick fix, the pounds come off harder than they go on, so DO NOT be hard on yourself. If you are significantly overweight we're talking about a life change here. Don't rush it. If you do 12 things bad but 1 thing good focus on the good. Anything to get you moving in the right direction. Sure cold turkey can work for some people, I read in a magazine article that soda was the #2 reason for obesiety in America and I cut it out that day haven't taken a sip of soda water that didn't have rum or Jack Daniels in it since. But for the most part you're going to have to fight it, and that means you'll have losing days that's okay. I fight temptations for candy and ice cream all the time, but I'm worried about getting diabetes because I have a family history of it so I'm trying to cut that out.

The best thing I can tell you is don't try and rush it, make your goal for 2 years down the road give yourself time and be patient, but be adamant about improving constant improvement. I can tell you from personal experience the rewards from being in shape are very satisfying and fulfilling it is worth it to pursue
Old 09-15-2006, 03:34 AM

jeff,

I don't know you at all, just wanted to say I'm impressed with the progress you've made. Never been a fatty myself, but physical/mental fortitude like this deserves respect. Keep it up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM

Thanks for all the support!

Pics!

Here's me at 329: 329

Me at 272ish (Haven't weighed myself in a few days): 272ish

A few more of my upper body progress!

Blurry Shoulder
Bicep/shoulder
Old 09-19-2006, 12:23 AM

28 yrs. old, a little over 6'5". I've ALWAYS had a thin frame and it seems impossible to ever gain weight. I just weighed myself in boxers and a t-shirt. 141.5 pounds. How do I go about gaining some of the weight that these guys are losing?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
28 yrs. old, a little over 6'5". I've ALWAYS had a thin frame and it seems impossible to ever gain weight. I just weighed myself in boxers and a t-shirt. 141.5 pounds. How do I go about gaining some of the weight that these guys are losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Eat more food.