Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

Umm... yeah.

I didn't really gain 5 lbs, but I did gain weight. My last weighins were always right after working out, and hours after dinner. This one was right after dinner and I umm... didn't work out today.

Yesterday the reading was 323, which is likely what I'm at. I'll hit myself up after I work out tomorrow and get a better reading.

Either way, I'm very upset with myself. I let myself get lazy and distracted this week. It's really depressing, because not only is it falling back, I was totally aware I was doing it and noting stopped me. It's like you're watching yourself shoot yourself in the face and you think "Well, this is bad, but like, whatever". I sure as [censored] wish I understood why I did crap like this.

I've kinda been skating by, losing weight even though I wasn't super good about diet and exercise because of all the walking I've built into my day. I kinda told myself "hey, this is going well, you don't need to make big changes" and then I'm a slug over a weekend (hello mr xbox360) and boom.

So clearly I need to get a lot more serious about what I'm eating and going to the gym. I also need to take control of my weekends and not let them be vacations from intelligent life.

So, a few new plans.

1- red meat is out of diet for the time being
2- tomorrow I will go the store, get some fish and other good things. I will also stock my fridge at work with fruit to avoid bad at work snacking (I'd had yogurt, but I think I need to cut down some of that fat).
3- Weekends, I'm setting my alarm, getting up and hitting the gym/going for a walk.
4- gym, every day, including weight lifting.

www.bdids.com/weightloss.html is back up. I took the images down this weekend when somebody decided it would be funny to post them in another thread. I guess I should expect that, and to be honest one of the big reasons they're up is so that I feel some shame, so after a week of [censored] up like this, I guess I need all the shame I can get.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM

Keep at it dude. It's no different then me trying to quit smoking, which didn't work out...It's all mental barriers...

Once you get over them though...it's all downhill.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 PM

Bump for my blog where I will keep updates now that I have a camera. Scale pic got screwed up so I'll post it in the blog tomorrow.

http://2plus2fattie.blogspot.com/
Old 06-20-2006, 11:48 PM

Progress. This was another no workout, right after dinner weighin, so that it reflects the change from last week. If you compare it to the conditions under which the other weights were taken, it's closer to 321. (as I mentioned in another thread, I was at 320 some point this week).

Feeling ok. My vow to avoid red meat lasted 6 days. Generally ok with diet. Big failing is getting to gym (as detailed in "shame a fatty" thread earlier this week). For intance tonight the NBA finals and Ed's Queer eye are my excuses.

If you're a fan of the weightloss page, you'll see some changes as I work with my new camera. For some reason I'm too retarded to get the flash not to murder pictures in the mirror, and I wasn't interested in missing more of the game just so that I could get a good picture of my bitch [censored].

Biggest issue is just that I'm not making forward progress like I'd like. My inability to put my nose down to the grindstone like I've done before is weird, and it's not just popping up in terms of weight loss. Having a very hard time being productive at work at all. I think I just formed some bad habits in terms of slacking off/being content doing nothing and I need to think harder about agressive ways to change that.

Still, I guess any forward movement is good. Trying to stay upbeat. I'll be really happy for the day when Tuesday's make me happy to make these post instead of kindof dreading them.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, I guess any forward movement is good. Trying to stay upbeat. I'll be really happy for the day when Tuesday's make me happy to make these post instead of kindof dreading them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get there man, keep it up! Have you checked Craigslist for any cheap exercise bikes or anything? Maybe you could get something for home use, to hop on while watching TV or something when you can't hit the gym?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:55 PM

Thought about that Nolan, but like, the gym is literally 2 minutes away form my house. If I can't make myself work out there, I'm not sure a bike in the apartment is a big difference.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:41 AM

I am currently down to 395. The diet is going well, I just have to increase my exercise load. At first this was tough, as basically any sustained walking for more than 20 minutes left me in pain in my thighs for the next day or so, but that is getting much easier.

I will update with pictures soon, I am having a hard time getting my camera to work. That said, I feel like this past month has been a success!

Way to go to the other guys too =D
Old 06-21-2006, 11:07 AM

Fat people can't use cameras? I never knew that was part of the package [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck to both Dids and Acehawk. It may not be "flying" off, Dids, but you're progressing. Keep up the good work... and stop making excuses to not workout so it'll be great work!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought about that Nolan, but like, the gym is literally 2 minutes away form my house. If I can't make myself work out there, I'm not sure a bike in the apartment is a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you could at least hop on the bike while watching TV or something. You're probably right though, if the gym is that close then you probably need something else to motivate you...
Old 06-21-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you could at least hop on the bike while watching TV or something. You're probably right though, if the gym is that close then you probably need something else to motivate you...

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this:

Blindness due to diabetes

Or A diabetic foot with a previous healed transmetatarsal amputation (Grizzly, likely NSFW):

http://www-medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPa...g3/SKIN013.jpg

Or this:

If that's not enough motiviation, there is nothing that will be.

-bb.