Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Louisville/Rutgers...thoughts??

my first thought is that this line is still too low, even moving from 5 to 6.5...

yes, i know rutgers' defense is ranked #2 nationally, but can they really hold louisville under 40 points tonight? or, can they really score that many to keep it within a touchdown??

i'm sure the crowd will be ridiculous, and might keep it close for a half, but in the end, louisville is 2 touchdowns better...

thoughts?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Louisville/Rutgers...thoughts??

Many of the "touts" seem to be on Rutgers and intend to gobble up more RU should the thread move back to 7 (I have Rutgers +7 myself from earlier this week). Check out the thread at www.fezziksplace.com, as an example.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:25 PM

I'm a Kentucky fan (aka I hate Louisville) and there is seriously no way that Rutger keeps it within single digits. Louisville's offense is that good. Rutgers has played no one.

Bet Louisville hard. I did.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Kentucky fan (aka I hate Louisville)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bet Louisville hard. I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Convinced me.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:37 PM

If you're thinking this, just play the over...it isn't like Louisville is going to shut them out....as long as the weather is reasonable.

MM MD
Old 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of the "touts" seem to be on Rutgers and intend to gobble up more RU should the thread move back to 7 (I have Rutgers +7 myself from earlier this week). Check out the thread at www.fezziksplace.com, as an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

covers dot com have the sharps split evenly on the game depending which line they get. Seems a fair line from the sharp perspective is -6 or -6.5 and when the spread falls outside of those bounds, it gets hammered by sharps to push it back.

LOL at looking at Fezziksplace for NCAAF
Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're thinking this, just play the over...it isn't like Louisville is going to shut them out....as long as the weather is reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know....Rutgers D is world's better than WV. Fast, aggressive & will put some pressue on Brohm (unlike WV). Rutgers on O will give a steady diet of Rice off tackle right, left and up the middle. I'm sure they'll look to take their time on O and do ANYTHING to keep L-ville offense off the field. I have seen anything in Teel at QB for Rutgers in the 3 games I've watched to believe he can make much happen.

I like the under as Rutgers shouldn't have the same success rushing the ball as WV and L-ville will have to work harder than last week to score. Rutgers hasn't lit up scoreboard this year, w/ 34 v. Navy (who lost starting QB early in that game) and 33 v. Illinois (incl blocked punt & INT return for 1st 14 points). Rutgers saw on TV last Thur what happened with L-ville in a track meet.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:44 PM

I don't disagree....I was just responding to the OP - if he thinks L'ville is a lock for at least 40, the over seems the easiest play....whether they will score 40 is another question altogether....

MM MD
Old 11-09-2006, 05:53 PM

or he can bet Louisville Over 28.5 points by themselves like I just did at Pinny at -106
Old 11-09-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at looking at Fezziksplace for NCAAF

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah nobody there seems to know what they're talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]