Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Why my 12 months in Iraq were NOT wasted.

Did you know that 47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq

Did you kno that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people ?

Did you know 3100 schools have been renovated
364 schools are under rehablilitation
263 new schools are under construction

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 universities
46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers all currently operating

Did you kno that 25 Ira students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational ?
They have a 5-100 foot patrol craft 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment

Did you know that Iraq's air force consists of three operational squadrons which include 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi control). They operate day and night and 16 UH-1 Helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers

Did you know they have a counter terrorist unit and a commando battalion

Did you knwo that the iraqi police service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers

did you know aht there are 5 police academies in iraq
That produce 3500 new officers each 8 weeks

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq.... 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations 22 oil facilitys, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96 % of iraqi children under the age of 5 have recieved the first 2 series of polio vaccinations and that 4.3 million iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October.

Did you know that there are 1.192000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158 %

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations 180 newspapers and 10 TV stations.

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004

did you know that 2 candidates in teh iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently.

OF COURSE YOU DID NOT KNOW

WHY ?

YOUR MEDIA WON'T TELL YOU.

Instead of reflecting our love for our country we get photos of flag burning incidents at abu ghraib and people throwing snowballs at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically the lack of accentuating the positive in iraq serves two purposes.

It is intended to undermine the worlds perception of the United States thus minimizing consequent support (NIELSO)

and it is intended to discourage american citizins (NIELSO)

Every single fact about is verifiable on the department of defense web site.

www.defenselink.mil
Old 08-28-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Why my 12 months in Iraq were NOT wasted.

[ QUOTE ]
Every single fact about is verifiable on the department of defense web site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the DoD is never wrong...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Contrary to popular belief, the people are in control of the media. If the people wanted to hear what the good news was, the media would tell them, but most Americans are looking for the reasons to leave Iraq not stay in.

Govman, a lot of that stuff is useless without pre-invasion statistics.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM

Lol, fing savages...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM

1. Is it voluntary?

2. Is all that spending private money? If not, who's is it?

3. How many people have died?

4. Who profits from the deaths?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Did you know that the US can't really afford this war?

Did you know that more disillusioned Iraqis decide to become terrorists everyday targeting the Great White Satan?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to popular belief, the people are in control of the government. If the people wanted to leave Iraq, the troops would be out.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I did here?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you know 3100 schools have been renovated
364 schools are under rehablilitation
263 new schools are under construction

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 universities
46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers all currently operating

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget Iran.... based on this new evidence above, I'm thinking we should invade Alabama next.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to popular belief, the people are in control of the government. If the people wanted to leave Iraq, the troops would be out.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I did here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clever, but it doesn't work. DUCY? I'll go ahead and tell you; government doesn't face the same profit and loss incentives that the media do. Government doesn't have to convince everyone to consume their product. Government doesn't have to compete against other government for your tax dollars.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Well here are some of the facts that i was able to find.

At least 74,190 (IBC count of civilians reported killed by the media; plus U.S. and other coalition military casualties, plus contractors, media and aid workers); to an estimated 654,965 excess deaths related to the war (civilian and non-civilian) through the end of June 2006 (2006 Lancet survey of mortality).
(wikipedia)

As of January 12, 2007, 500 U.S. troops have undergone amputations due to the Iraq War. Toes and fingers aren't counted

U.S. military: number unknown. The Pentagon reports that more than 1 in 4 returning U.S. soldiers have health problems that require medical or mental health treatment

Iraqi combatants: number unknown

As of November 4, 2006, the U.N. High Commissioner on Refugees estimated that 1.8 million Iraqis had been displaced to neighboring countries, and 1.6 million were displaced internally, with nearly 100,000 Iraqis fleeing to Syria and Jordan each month.

Iraqis were found to be 1.5 times more likely to die from all causes after the invasion (rising from 0.5% to 0.79% per year) than in the 15 months preceding the war, producing an estimate of 98,000 excess deaths.

If including data from Falluja, which showed a higher rate of violent deaths than the other 32 clusters combined, the increased death rate would be raised from 1.5 to 2.5 fold, violent deaths would be 58 times more likely with most of them due to air-strikes by coalition forces, and an additional 200,000 fatalities would be estimated

the Iraqi Body Count project claims that the Occupying Authority is responsible to prevent these deaths under international law). It shows a minimum of 70,604 and a maximum of 77,121 as of 24 August 2007. In its "Quick-FAQ"[47] the IBC states: "It is likely that many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media. That is the sad nature of war."

this was just cut and paste from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualt...raq_since_2003