Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: IP Check

Thanks Tug. I clean up my own messes when I can. I'll get this one all cleared up somehow (I hope).

Buzz
Old 10-07-2007, 09:50 PM

El Diablo - I'll read that thread, but before I do, I want to tell you that I looked through the forum you moderate and was impressed by the many very thoughtful and intelligent posts there.

Different 2+2 forums have different standards of posting. Honestly, I think that's ideal. Indeed, I myself have different standards of behavior, depending on where I am.

For other forums, where posters are being banned a lot, perhaps being referred to an administrator would place a burden on the administrators.

However, this guy is the first poster I have banned, and hopefully the last. It's not honestly going to be much of a burden for the administrators, because I'm not planning to ban many, if any, posters in the future. If I ban anybody, it will generally be because I cannot deal with him/her myself.

Thus I still like my idea of banning posters on the forums I moderate until they deal with Ryan or Mat.

This particular time, I have inadvertently created a snarl. But hopefully I’ll get that cleared up before the evening is over.

Buzz
Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone mentioned how people don't get this kind of punishment elsewhere. IMO, the situations aren't really comparable. OT forums are for fun. Strat forums are serious business. Posters rightfully get harsher penalties for disturbing the peace in a place where people are giving their time to help others and trying to improve their game.

[/ QUOTE ]qft (thanks Citanul).

Hi Leader - Exactly. Thanks.

Buzz
Old 10-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Buzz,

I like your style.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buzz,

I like your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz is awesome. He is the most pleasant Omaha/8 player I have ever dealt to. It has been over 5 years since I dealt to him, but I will be sure to look him up the next time I am in LA.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Buzz is awesome, but I also think we have to remember that some of the greatest contributors in the history of the omaha hi forum (not naming any names but i've learned a ton from them and say this with love) have actually been ass holes. Fwiw.