Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Leatherface

Is this guy being reported to the police for this post? Seriously sick, and he only gets a 5 day ban?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 04-16-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Leatherface

hey, i agree that comment was totally [censored] stupid and he's always been a stupid [censored] tart...

that being said, i think ur taking this a bit too far, all kinds of stupid stuff gets said on these forums, while this is bad, it came during an emotional time...step back and look at this later and you'll see legal action shouldn't be taken...imo
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this guy being reported to the police for this post? Seriously sick, and he only gets a 5 day ban?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a typical case of an unfunny BBV'er taking things too far. Still, he apologized later in the thread when he realized his joke sucked. Five days seems reasonable.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey, i agree that comment was totally [censored] stupid and he's always been a stupid [censored] tart...

that being said, i think ur taking this a bit too far, all kinds of stupid stuff gets said on these forums, while this is bad, it came during an emotional time...step back and look at this later and you'll see legal action shouldn't be taken...imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize he was MOST LIKELY joking, but there have been numerous cases of people saying something along those lines on the internet and then following through with it.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 PM

On the day of the 7/7 attacks a couple posters made a couple pretty bad jokes about the bombers.

I reported it to the mods, and complained in the thread to get my point of view across.

But nothing happened to them because the victims werent American.

Making jokes about tragic events, fine so long as tragic event doesnt happen in America?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 PM

^^phil s, a lot of this prolly depends on the mods u reported too, i won't blame mods for having different viewpoints on how matters should be handled...

i don't think leatherface has made threats like this before, so i don't put him in the younghov type...
Old 04-16-2007, 04:02 PM

Yeah im pretty sure this was in the old Televised Poker or Tourney Poker forum or something weird so the mod was probably not good at his job.

I didnt follow it up the line.

Either way, what leatherface said was bad. But not 5 day ban bad. I think the others threatening to kill him should get 5 day bans too. Fair is fair.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah im pretty sure this was in the old Televised Poker or Tourney Poker forum or something weird so the mod was probably some mouthbreeder incompetant who isnt good at his job.

Either way, what leatherface said was bad. But not 5 day ban bad. I think the others threatening to kill him should get 5 day bans too. Fair is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm giving barret till the end of the day to talk/vent about the day's events in the thread and then he'll have a 3day tempban starting tomorrow.

Also, different mods may have slightly different policies based on the T&C for each subforum. What gets banned in OOT, for instance, may not get banned in BBV and vice versa.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Gild,

Good response. Nicely played.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah im pretty sure this was in the old Televised Poker or Tourney Poker forum or something weird so the mod was probably some mouthbreeder incompetant who isnt good at his job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm giving barret till the end of the day to talk/vent about the day's events in the thread and then he'll have a 3day tempban starting tomorrow.

Also, different mods may have slightly different policies based on the T&C for each subforum. What gets banned in OOT, for instance, may not get banned in BBV and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

gild, i assume you are talking about Leatherface?