Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Making a pass at a client

Given your profession I think it's a great idea. I don't see any ethical issues. Go for it.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:58 PM

One of the guys I work with creeped out some of our clients at a client party by hitting on them. The clients told one of the partners they were creeped out and I don't think it is helping his career much. This guy thinks everybody wants him and therefore thought the partner was cockblocking him at the end of the night when the partner ran interference at one of the client's request. I'm not suggesting that you're creeping anybody out, but it can end badly even if nothing happens.

FWIW, I wouldn't do it, and I'm the guy that was trying to hit on the summer associate earlier in the summer.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 AM

Alright, so here's the background :

I started a new job last week. On my first day, I was taken to one of our clients sites for a pickup, when I met our contact at the site. She is so fine. On an OOT scale, she's probably a high 7, but she's exactly my type. She looks sort of like Ali Larter but with a litte more meat. The face isn't quite as nice but her body is great. She looks to me like she's mid to late 20's but given her position, I'm figuring she might be early 30's.

I didn't really get a chance to talk to her except for a few short things. We did talk about the weekend where she went away and every question I asked, I gave the oppertunity for her to include a "me and my boyfriend" but it never came, it was always "me and my friends". She also had no wedding ring.

While she is sort of our contact, she mentioned that she's being shifted out and this other guy will be our contact. She'll still be around if the other guy isn't available, which he hasn't because of other job duties.

I really don't value this job at all. I hate it, it's boring, and a complete waste of my intelligence and previous training. I want to quit but I'll stick with it for a little while until I find my next job. Just as an FYI, the two previous people that had my job, one was fired for smoking crack and the other was fired because instead of working, he'd just disappear all day and never take care of his clients. So you see how my job is held in such high regards. I was also lied to about the job, mostly by my recruiter, but also some from the company.

---------------------

I figured most would say stay away, but considering that I don't value this job and that I won't really ever be dealing with this chick on any regular basis, do the opinions change?

I had hoped for a minor trip report on fishing for some more info from her, but due to a last minute switch in job roles, I didn't see her today like I thought I was going to.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:39 AM

what is it that you do? lol
Old 07-17-2007, 06:52 AM

Given the context, I'd say go for it. Get pics.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the context, I'd say go for it. Get pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, thread is worthless without pics. and reread your own explanation a couple posts up... if that was someone else i think you would tell them to go for it.. so hit it please
Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On my first day, I was taken to one of our clients sites for a pickup, when I met our contact at the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a drug runner?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM

You will be in the friend zone soon.... hope you saved the email from the last fiasco. Get ready to send that agian.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
write a page long note and stick it in her purse

[/ QUOTE ]

or just include this (add maybe of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

Since she's a client, you should probably put this in a PowerPoint presentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH. I instantly visualized this -- with laser pointer, of course -- and laughed my ass off.