Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Blocking stats on Sharkscope?

Is there any reason i shouldn't block my stats on Sharkscope? Is there a reason any player shouldn't block their stats?

Obviously, the less information my opponents have about me, the better. However, it seems like a very good player might want his stats unblocked if it'd prevent other very good players from sitting at his table. To that end, do people generally use Sharkscope for table selection before they sit down? Or do they wait until after the SnG has started? Or is that dependent on the buy-in size?

Since i just started doing SnGs this month (as a break from Limit ring games), i've been doing $22+2 Turbos on Full Tilt. As those fill within a minute or two, it wouldn't be much hassle for someone to wait for a new table. That said, i doubt very many people would do that and i should just block my stats.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Blocking stats on Sharkscope?

The only reason I keep it unblocked is to stay on the leaderboard (weak brag i know). But I'm interested to see how many 2+2ers have theirs blocked...
Old 07-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Well i guess one reason not to block the stats is to try and get on the leaderboards and all that. But if u dont have a big ego then that wouldnt be a problem. Also I dont think you lose a lot to other players by blocking your stats. Its pretty obvious who the good players are and most of them are regulars anyway.

As far as table selection goes the only thing i do is try to avoid sitting down when several other multitablers are sitting down, i.e. if there are 3 tables with 4 players registered for each I'll often wait a while before starting my set.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I keep it unblocked is to stay on the leaderboard (weak brag i know). But I'm interested to see how many 2+2ers have theirs blocked...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea itd be interesting to know how many people who should be on the leaderboard arent there.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 PM

the only reason someone would block their stats is because they have something to hide (something they're embarrassed of)

i can't really think of any advantage to blocking your stats. it displays your ROI regardless, and if people see you playing at a level all day they're going to know what the roi is for.

if anything i would want people staying out of my sng if i had a sick graph or something
Closed Thread