Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: 50nl: AK deepstack

To people saying stack off, are you aware of stack sizes?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 PM

This deep, I wouldn't eliminate JJ from villain's range. Might even be smart to flat call JJ w/position with JJ sometimes. Honestly don't know though.

If we c/r or bet/3bet turn, we're losing AJ on this board a lot of the time, and that's the only hand we beat besides a draw. I think the monster draws check behind on turn hoping to hit up to 12 outs. KQ/KJhh might be in villains range. 66 definitely is.

I've noticed that whenever truly deep, against anything but a maniac, if all the money goes in top 2pr is not going to do it 240+bb deep. With an 8tabling 17/10/3 "wait for good flop" type, I think he'd have to blow a fuse (happens) to call a crai with AJ or a draw. I assume he's not getting the odds on his draw if we c/r, but I haven't done the math.

I do know one thing, 17/10 villains are calling a lot of stuff pf that they should be raising -- including JJ.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Thanks guys, I also felt I under repped my hand after the turn. I will never stack off here with these stacks.
My thinking was he would re-raise me pre flop with JJ so he must have AJ or 66, but I'm not folding here cuz he could have 66. But then again..

[ QUOTE ]

I do know one thing, 17/10 villains are calling a lot of stuff pf that they should be raising -- including JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This proves I still have alot to learn. Do we stack off ez if stacks are 50$ ?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM

The problem is your line.

If I lead the turn I'd probably fold to a raise.

In fact, the more I think about it bet/fold turn is so much better than check/call. Its too hard for him to raise two pair on that turn since you could easily have AK here. Plus two buyins deep he shouldn't be stacking off with KJ or even AJ on the turn.

The more I think about it the harder this river is. He could have some combo draw that hit the turn, and two pair combo draws with the 6 being a heart are pretty rare. I'm surprised he bet so small on the turn as well, and then near potted the river.

Humm...yeah you have to bet/fold this river. There's no way he's going to pull a move there. Now your getting 2:1 on a call you shouldn't really be making if he's at all competent. From his flop+turn bet sizing he looks like a draw, but it could just as easily be 666.