Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Ironman Questions...

[ QUOTE ]
What difference is it to you Full Tilt if a player earns 5000points in one day or 5000 points in 25 days?

[/ QUOTE ]
The main difference is that a player's not likely to earn exactly 200 points for 25 days. They'll sit and play until they hit at least 200 points, but they may continue even longer.

For me, playing 60-90 minutes to fulfill the 200 points is about the right amount of poker for a day, so i only earn around 6000 points a month (25 x 240 pts/day) so it's not much of a difference. Others similarly playing FT for making Ironman might earn twice as many points because they won't quit right at 200.

This works nicely for me, because only 220-280 people play in the Ironman freeroll every month in the current promotion. Changing it to 5000/month (or even a hybrid 200 on 25 days or 10K/month) would qualify many more players, which would lower my EV in the freeroll.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 AM

i'd like to suggest 3k points/25 days for tungsten man, with guaranteed prizes actually worth a damn
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to suggest 3k points/25 days for tungsten man, with guaranteed prizes actually worth a damn

[/ QUOTE ]

Because $110k isn't enough?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 AM

'guaranteed prizes' in the way that now 100 iron man medals is a 'guaranteed prize'
Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
'guaranteed prizes' in the way that now 100 iron man medals is a 'guaranteed prize'

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

I think it's a great promotion as is, but I'm obviously biased.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM

i just really want some way to uncap the medal earning, like an extra 5 medals for each 1k points over 5000 you earn total for the month if you make the 25 days. that way, the iron man store almost becomes somewhat reasonable.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just really want some way to uncap the medal earning, like an extra 5 medals for each 1k points over 5000 you earn total for the month if you make the 25 days.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would makes sense from Full Tilt's standpoint...though 5 Medals is only worth a dollar.

You certainly have a point that they can certainly enhance the existing promotion to encourage single-day binge playing. For example, give 10 Medals for earning 500 points in a day, 25 Medals for 1000. Those are very small rewards, but it might encourage people to play longer than they would otherwise. Volume awards for weeks (2000 & 5000 points?) and (10K, 20K, etc) months work too.

They did have the WSoP freeroll for people who earned 3000 (5000?) points in a single week, which covers the same volume player territory. I don't know if they have anything similar planned post-WSoP.

I'm biased, but Full Tilt having a Super Degenerate award for someone who qualifies for the Iron level every month within a calendar year would be quite lovely.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm a little puzzled that people are comparing the 200 pts/day on FT to the vip levels on stars. Are you all then attacking stars for making you play every month instead of allowing you to load up on 12x points the first month and maintain your gold status all year? It's the same exact concept with a different time frame. FT just has a slightly different aim then stars it would seem.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:08 PM

PennDisc,

There's a huge difference. At stars you could take a three week vacation and still make GoldStar over the weekend. At FTP you can't make anything.

FTP should make the slowest day of the week "Ironman Double Day". So if you earn 400 points for that day it counts for two 200 point days. With 4 or 5 of those per month that would really help people that take vacations or whatnot.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PennDisc,

There's a huge difference. At stars you could take a three week vacation and still make GoldStar over the weekend. At FTP you can't make anything.

FTP should make the slowest day of the week "Ironman Double Day". So if you earn 400 points for that day it counts for two 200 point days. With 4 or 5 of those per month that would really help people that take vacations or whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree...I think it's suppose to be "hard" to get..and their current system is fine with me.

I just wish they'd have a crazy man's level or something.

So far this week I've earned over 3,000 points a day...but I still don't get anything special [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Even if 1K extra points a day was 5 medals, it'd make me HAPPY [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]