Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 05:05 PM

Default New Software: Holdem Manager

Public Beta for Manager: July 15th
Public Beta for HUD: Shortly Afterwards

After 8 months of development and almost 2 months in private beta, Holdem Manager is just about ready for widespread public use. I'm also the author of Tourney Manager, a bunch of free tools donated to 2+2 (most notably the ROI simulator and the Preflop 3/4 Bet Equity Calculator) and have been active on these forums for a couple of years.

So, I figure a picture speaks a thousand words so let's start with some screen shots of the Manager:

Here is the Import tab. Here I'm about 80% into a 650K hand import which on my old desktop takes about 5 to 6 hours. It might be worth noting that this was a multi million hand database before this import. Holdem Manager will run extremely well with 10 million+ hand databases and also, import speeds for the ten millionth hand are not much slower than they are for the first hand. Another thing you might want to know is that you can switch to other tabs and run reports on the hands as they are importing and then jump back to the import tab to see the progress of the import. No more locking up thanks to multi threading.

Here is the Report tab and I've selected the "By Game Buyin" report.

The default stats for the report appear here but there are well over 100 different stats available that can be applied against any report. Holdem Manager also tracks 170 different values per player per hand! Holdem Manager currently has 10 reports ("overall", "By Game Buyin", "By Hole Cards", "By M Group", "By Number of Players", "By Position Type", "By Preflop Activity Facing Hero", "By Stack Size", "By Flop Hand Value", "By Flop Bet Size") but none of these are hard coded. Instead, all report are simply xml documents describing what he report should do and located in the \Reports folder. What this means is that people can create and share their own, very complex reports. In fact, I will be adding functionality whereby you can browse, search and download new reports right from your Report tab and begin using them right away. Here is the xml file for the most basic report, the Overall Results report:

<Filter Name="Overall Results" >
<DefaultStats>
<DefaultStat FieldName="TotalHands" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="NetAmountWon" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="BBPer100" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="VPIPPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="PFRPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="ThreeBetPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="WentToShowdownPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="WonAtShowdownPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="PostFlopAggressionFactor" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="FlopContinuationBetPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="TurnContinuationBetPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="FlopFoldedToContinuationBetPct" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="TurnFoldedToContinuationBetPct" />
</DefaultStats>
</Filter>

Let's say you wanted to create a new report that shows overall $ and win % for various made hands at showdown. This is what the xml would look like:

<Filter Name="by Showdown Hand Value" FilterByExpression="SawShowdown=True" OrderByExpression="NetAmountWon desc">
<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="FlopMadeHandValue" ColumnName="FlopMadeHandValue" ColumnHeader="Flop Made Hand Value">
<Ranges>
<Range MinValue="-1" MaxValue="-1" RangeName=" 0) Unknown" />
<Range MinValue="0" MaxValue="11" RangeName=" 1) High Card" />
<Range MinValue="20" MaxValue="39" RangeName=" 3) One Pair" />
<Range MinValue="40" MaxValue="59" RangeName=" 4) Two Pair" />
<Range MinValue="60" MaxValue="79" RangeName=" 5) Three of a Kind" />
<Range MinValue="80" MaxValue="99" RangeName=" 6) Straight" />
<Range MinValue="100" MaxValue="119" RangeName=" 7) Flush" />
<Range MinValue="120" MaxValue="139" RangeName=" 8) Full House" />
<Range MinValue="140" MaxValue="159" RangeName=" 9) Four of a Kind" />
<Range MinValue="160" MaxValue="179" RangeName="10) Straight Flush" />
</Ranges>
</Grouping>
</Groupings>
<DefaultStats>
<DefaultStat FieldName="TotalHands" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="NetAmountWon" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="BBPer100" />
<DefaultStat FieldName="WonHandPct" />
</DefaultStats>
</Filter>

Now save this and throw it in the \reports folder, launch Holdem Manager and run the report. Here are the results:

Here are a couple more interesting reports:

I have taken a different approach to a "Session". I believe that all hands played in a block of time should be included in the session rather than a per table view. However, I will likely be adding per table and per stake views as well to this tab but by default this is what you get:

I can put any stats in the Session View - for now I just have these standard ones selected.

The Hands view isn't too exciting yet but I will be adding a lot more here and linking everything up to a create replayer with complete stats for each player.

Graphs and Charts are also in its early stages but you can see the standard winnings graph for now. Much more coming here in the near future.

The Player Summary tab is pretty amazing. Complete detailed stats for every player matching the filter / minimum hands criteria. There are actually four different reports, the screen shot shown below is the "All Players Matching Filter" report and there is also the "Top 100 Money Winners", "Top 100 Money Losers" and what will be extremely powerful, the "Fish List" which grabs all of the worst players. You will be able to create your own Fish Queries and have them be applied here but the default should be ok for most people.

Here is the Fish List

The Player vs Player form is what you would expect. The differences are that 1) it includes hands where there are side pots / multiple winners, it shows medium and big wins and losses vs each player and shows the largest win and loss vs each player.

I think some of you have already seen the picture of the HUD in the 3-bet thread but here it is again:

The HUD will be going into private beta soon but for now, besides what I have posted in that other thread, I'm keeping it under wraps.

What else... The filtering is pretty powerful, I'm not going to get too much into it at the moment but for example, I have 12 different classifications of a "pair" and doing things like "show me all hands where player xyz 4 bet me preflop" or "show me hands where I had top pair good kicker on the flop but an overcard landed on the turn" are all extramely easy to put together.

I'm not decided on pricing however it will be comparable to the pricing of current products although likely a little higher.

Currently I have support for Party, Stars and Full Tilt. If you want your site supported before the beta launch then send me lots of hand histories. Adding new sites is a simple process provided I have enough hand histories to get a good sample.

That's it! I've put a ton of work into this program and in my 16 years of programming for a living I have no doubt that this is the best piece of software I have written. I am also fully aware of and willing to take on the support load. I think my Tourney Manager customers can vouch for my ability to support and improve a product. The website and forums will be up soon and I'll post the link when they are ready. Until then, feel free to ask me any questions.

rvg
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

So sick, I can't wait to get this.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:33 PM

this is so hot.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:41 PM

this looks sexy
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM

looks awesome, ship the man some HH´s from ongame and ipoker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 10:51 PM

this is gonna sound crazy but do I have the ability to add more HUD stats on there?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is gonna sound crazy but do I have the ability to add more HUD stats on there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have around 150 stats to choose from [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you look at that bar on the bottom, each of those buttons switches everyone to a different view. You can have any number of buttons on this bar and each one leads to a view with any number of stats and right click stats. You can have some stats only appear if they are above or below certain values.

It will also use sample size techniques to ensure that low sample size stats aren't misleading. You can also pro-rate stats so if you are heads up you can use the opponents HU stats at full value and his 3 handed stats at 0.5 value (or whatever).

For tourneys stats are displayed based on # BB's remaining for each player. So, a short stack might have a 45/40 VPIP/PFR while the big stack might show 10/7. You can also do this based on # players left which is good for SNG's. The same pro-rating techniques can be applied for tourneys.

There is much more but these are some of the hilights of this HUD.

rvg
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM

RVG this looks very hot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Question: Are you using standard DB format we users can run queries against?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RVG this looks very hot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Question: Are you using standard DB format we users can run queries against?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dave. The DB is Postgres SQL and one of the things on my todo list is to fully document it although it isn't overly complicated. I want this program to be as plugin / add-on friendly as possible.

I think that people like you are going to have a lot of fun with the reporting functionality because you can build and share some fairly complex, creative reports with very little effort.

rvg
Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 AM

my God...that is effing sexxy. lookin foward to tryyin it