Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Ultimate bet is a disgrace

I actually bothered playing in the 2000dollars PSO donkament freeroll on UB yesterday. UB managed to autoregister 3000players, some of which had never heard of PSO or never had completed the PSO challenge.

So there were 3000 players, of which there were mayb 150 actually present. UB obviously autoseats everyone even if they arent logged. After 2hours all live players are at the same tables as they got all blinds from the not logged players.

The remaining 2500 not logged players continue swapping blinds for another 3hours until blinds are large enough for them to be all in by posting the blinds. all of them eventually being moved to tables with live players. By this time some of the live players who had been present for 4+ hours were busted before players that were sitting out for 4hours were getting busted.

Prize pool was never updated and noone has been paid so far.

I know I know this isnt really big thing with only 2k in a donkament freeroll pricepool, still funny to see how [censored] UB actually is.

Well they are on a network with AP so what can you expect.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Ultimate bet is a disgrace

Why is this disgraceful? This is nothing new for UB or anything. I'm aware of cases where people actively registered for tournaments, deliberately sat out, and yet placed in the money. So what?

There are some sites that will kick you out after a certain amount of inactivity. I like that idea.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:36 AM

I don't know about the 2500 people that had never heard about PSO part but this really isn't a freeroll as far as UB is concerned. PSO in effect paid the entry fee for everyone when they put up the $2K prize pool. That made this a regular tourney so no one should have been picked up. Do you think that if someone else pays your $10K WSOP entry fee and you show up 6 hours late that your stack should have been picked up?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are owned by AP. I have no clue why anybody still plays there.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After 2hours all live players are at the same tables as they got all blinds from the not logged players.

The remaining 2500 not logged players continue swapping blinds for another 3hours until blinds are large enough for them to be all in by posting the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.
You said that after 2 hours all the live players had taken all the blinds from the not-logged players.
But then the not-logged players were still playing for another 3 hours after that?

FWIW - I've played in quite a few tourneys where 1/3 to 1/2 or even more of the players didn't show up for whatever reason....probably because they didn't know they had qualified for said tourney by having earned X amount of points that week or whatever.
It makes for a weird tournament but is hardly the end of the world and is hardly a situation that is isolated to UB.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:15 PM

3000 players in a PSO freeroll is just ridiculous...
Old 11-11-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After 2hours all live players are at the same tables as they got all blinds from the not logged players.

The remaining 2500 not logged players continue swapping blinds for another 3hours until blinds are large enough for them to be all in by posting the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.
You said that after 2 hours all the live players had taken all the blinds from the not-logged players.
But then the not-logged players were still playing for another 3 hours after that?

FWIW - I've played in quite a few tourneys where 1/3 to 1/2 or even more of the players didn't show up for whatever reason....probably because they didn't know they had qualified for said tourney by having earned X amount of points that week or whatever.
It makes for a weird tournament but is hardly the end of the world and is hardly a situation that is isolated to UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i wouldnt mind 1/2 of the tournament to not be present but like 2850ppl out of 3000not being present it is sick

What i meant to say was after 2hours that at the tables with one live player, he had gotten all the blinds. and all other tables without live players continued swapping blinds.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are owned by AP. I have no clue why anybody still plays there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2007, 02:52 PM

It would be cool if they kicked them out of the tourney after like 30 min of innactivity.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be cool if they kicked them out of the tourney after like 30 min of innactivity.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, because if you actually paid for a $500 buyin tournament and your internet connection went down i'm sure youd LOVE this

lol at freeroll players.