Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:27 AM

Default With dead money is this is a +ev call?

Disregarding my preflop 3 bet OOP, would this be an ok call against an unknown villain? There's dead money in the pot from my 3 bet, so assuming he doesn't have AA/KK, would it be an acceptable race?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $25.05
BTN: $14.65
Hero (SB): $25.55
BB: $4.85
UTG: $26.45
MP: $25

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $25 and is All-In</font>, Hero ??
Old 11-09-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: With dead money is this is a +ev call?

Well yea assuming he doesn't have AA/KK it's a good call. However without a read to the contrary I think he has AA/KK quite often. And you can't even call against a range of TT+,AK.

By the way I think your flop 3bet should be a little bigger.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 AM

I'm done with the hand once I see this 4-bet push, but if his range was, say, QQ-22, you'd have approximately a break-even call (edit: the reason I'm calling it "approximately break-even" rather than "+EV" is that you're a slight dog to QQ-22 and you're just getting a little better than 1:1).

Edit 2: Er, actually, your suitedness probably helps enough to make the call +EV versus QQ-22, but I think there's easily enough AA-KK in his range to make the question basically irrelevant for practical purposes in this hand.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM

yes

in the future...ask http://www.pokerstove.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 05:38 AM

What do you mean assuming they don't have AA/KK, are you serious?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit 2: Er, actually, your suitedness probably helps enough to make the call +EV versus QQ-22, but I think there's easily enough AA-KK in his range to make the question basically irrelevant for practical purposes in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 AM

Without read or prior experience i usually folds since we're coinflipping atbest. With read regarding his retardiness i call .. :P
Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on Stars and there's no "Pot" button and I don't know how to quickly calculate what a pot size raise is. I'm assuming that's what you're suggesting my 3-bet should be.

How is it calculated?

Side Note: Is there a way to block people from posting to your thread, specifically Vixticator as I constantly get bogus responses from him.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on Stars and there's no "Pot" button and I don't know how to quickly calculate what a pot size raise is. I'm assuming that's what you're suggesting my 3-bet should be.

How is it calculated?

Side Note: Is there a way to block people from posting to your thread, specifically Vixticator as I constantly get bogus responses from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a pot size raise look at what the pot is then add what you need to put in to call and that's the new pot....then add this new pot to the amount you need to put in to call and whatever that number is, is what you make it total for a pot sized raise.

I usually make 3bets 3.5 times the original raise though I vary it occassionally depending on the situation. And obviously raise more if there's a caller between you and the original raiser.

Also if you click on somebody's name there is an ignore user option to click....I've never used it but I assume anybody you are ignoring you will just not see their posts although they can still post in your threads.

However, IMO, Vixticator is absolutely correct in that, that assumption is terrible.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:06 AM

I worded myself poorly. I didnt mean to say AA/KK wasn't in his range. I meant to say "if" AA/KK is not in his immediate range and I have a read that he's splashing around a lot preflop, would it be a good call. I was referring hypothetically.

I did not take AA/KK out of my read.