Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 05-03-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. He is a horrible player. Probably running really well.

The real question is: are you suggesting he is actually good? He is so bad it's not even a question. Maybe you have not seen him play.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't seen him play, so I can't really judge. All I can say is that I have run in to similar players (at least it sounds similar) that where consistant winners. And I'm not ready to write a statistically proven big winner over many hands off as a fluke, just because he dosn't subscribe to 2+2 dogma. I would rather see if there is anything to learn from him...

Read the thread I posted above. And if you don't know who Angelina is, ask David or Mason.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:27 AM

You're right, my downswing has not been nearly as long as this nutbars hot run. I'm not 100% sure of who you are talking about either so I can't really voice my opinions on his play. Is it impossible that he is just running sickly lucky? Using team play/hand sharing? Is he sucking off the CEO of partypoker to have his underdogs hold up more often? All I know is there are a LOT of players who seem to be doing very well for extended periods of time who have no right winning whatsoever. Sick game sometimes.

PokerPrince
Old 05-03-2005, 03:54 AM

I was playing with Angelina when there were 2 games on Paradise. She's very tight and very aggressive. This player plays twice as many hands.

And these stats are filtered for 7+, not shorthanded.

I like your ideas in the dongbang thread. I know that story fairly well. I know a friend that has played with him live. I believe he busted in the stars 1-2 game though. Don't have enough experience to comment.

The mistake players including myself make is that they see players playing too many hands preflop and they assume they are raising turns light, when they may not be at all.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:22 AM

If you can't get Excel to do what you want, if you send me a sample of the data and what you are trying to do with it, I can write something up in Perl to convert it to comma separated or something like that.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't get Excel to do what you want, if you send me a sample of the data and what you are trying to do with it, I can write something up in Perl to convert it to comma separated or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome! PM me your email address

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 05:16 AM

Default A DERB hand *DELETED*

Post deleted by Enon
Old 05-03-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: A DERB hand

he river g00t.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:31 AM

Default Re: A DERB hand *DELETED*

Why the delete?

- Jags
Old 05-03-2005, 05:36 AM

Default AFTER THIS POST, I\'M FINISHED WITH 2+2.

I can't believe that people on 2+2 would basically accuse another player of cheating, just because they don't subscribe to all 2+2 theories as Rigoletto points out, and the player happens to win some money playing poker. There have been no hands posted to question his play (to show either collusion or playing with a bot), and no evidence of any type to indicate anything dishonest.

I'm not going to post on 2+2 anymore. I'm sure I will have occasion to see 2+2ers online and playing poker, and will communicate that way. I will still host my PP 15-30 prvt table for those who want to play and shoot the bull.

I've just had enough of certain posters and a general arrogant atmosphere on 2+2 that I can live without. Perhaps I am part of the cause, and for that I am sorry.

I wish you all the best, and thank you for all the good times, poker insight, and laughs.

TSP
Old 05-03-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: AFTER THIS POST, I\'M FINISHED WITH 2+2.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that people on 2+2 would basically accuse another player of cheating, just because they don't subscribe to all 2+2 theories as Rigoletto points out, and the player happens to win some money playing poker. There have been no hands posted to question his play (to show either collusion or playing with a bot), and no evidence of any type to indicate anything dishonest.

I'm not going to post on 2+2 anymore. I'm sure I will have occasion to see 2+2ers online and playing poker, and will communicate that way. I will still host my PP 15-30 prvt table for those who want to play and shoot the bull.

I've just had enough of certain posters and a general arrogant atmosphere on 2+2 that I can live without. Perhaps I am part of the cause, and for that I am sorry.

I wish you all the best, and thank you for all the good times, poker insight, and laughs.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, nobody is saying for sure he's cheating.

the only reason i want to analyze the play is to see if we can actually learn from this guy. makes sense when somebody single handedly shatters your comfy little reality by playing 2x the # of hands you play and winning more/100 hands.

however, it also makes sense that since it (may turn out to be) so unlikely that there may be another explanation...it may be cheating...but thats not the same as somebody saying, "he's cheating, thats it."

im curious to learn how he does so damn well over so many hands.
-Barron