Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: General life questions / observations / random whatever thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a random observation:

A couple weeks ago I saw a woman on a plane drinking bottled water through a straw. I had never seen such a thing before.

WoT

[/ QUOTE ]

my wife does this so she doesn't mess up her lipstick.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice lingcod in your avatar mang
Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lippy,

It's pretty damn good. Nine at the Palms was also great. Delmonico Steakhouse is maybe a little more on the traditional, fancy dining side, whereas Nine is maybe a little bit more modern, hip feel. I dunno, I love them both, they each have a different vibe to them but both are great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definintely going to have to go with Nine as it's going to be 4-6 of my friends and me, all under 25. I think an El D recommendation is all the more research I need to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i went to nine in vegas for my 21st with 7 of my friends and was thoroughly impressed. the place wasn't super crowded or loud yet, but it was still a fun dinner, and the food was very very good. my waitress even brought me a few birthday shots on the house.

i HIGHLY recommend the creme brulee, if you like creme brulee. that's definitely the best i've ever had. i've also heard the delmonico's creme brulee is good, so i plan on getting that next i'm in vegas (hopefully december).

some of the other food that i highly recommend are the "shrooms" appetizer (mushrooms stuffed with king crab), and the asparagus appetizer (although it doesn't look like it's currently on the menu).
Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a random observation:

A couple weeks ago I saw a woman on a plane drinking bottled water through a straw. I had never seen such a thing before.

WoT

[/ QUOTE ]

On a plane or in general? 80% of the girls I see at school do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'm way off base on this one. I had never seen it before in my life. I had no idea it was a common practice. So i guess when they go to the vending machine or the to store or gas station or wherever people buy their bottled water they snag a straw too? Just seems so weird to me.

WoT
Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I will definitely grab some probably tonight on my way home.

Further question: does anyone here write? I've been writing, and I have some specific and some general questions, and I was wondering if there was someone/someplace I could send/post random paragraphs, etc for general review from time to time. Subforum? Thread in this forum? Some forum on some other site? No such thing exists?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/

Go to the Share your Work subforum.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone here been in a motorcycle accident they truly believe they could not have prevented?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not been in a preventable accident. Mine have been my own fault. But, I have recently witnessed a fatal accident. On US41 (2-S bound lanes, 2North bound lanes, divided by a turn lane)in Sarasota FL, a Southbound car turned in front of a north bound motorcycle. There was nothing the motorcyclist could do to prevent the accident.

I knew that the driver of the car would claim " I didn't see him, he came out of nowhere, etc." and sure enough those were her quotes in the newspaper.

In the driver's defense, there is a neurological phenomenon whereby the brain "fills in" for the eyes what we expect to see and leaves out what we don't.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I will definitely grab some probably tonight on my way home.

Further question: does anyone here write? I've been writing, and I have some specific and some general questions, and I was wondering if there was someone/someplace I could send/post random paragraphs, etc for general review from time to time. Subforum? Thread in this forum? Some forum on some other site? No such thing exists?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can post your work in The Lounge and request feedback.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:00 PM

Does anyone know how to wash caps? Generally after a lot of wear, white caps generally get stained and I wanna get it off. Also, the insides get dirty as well. I'm sure I'll get hate for this but w/e.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 PM

mbillie,

you read faust in one day?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any advice on generating traffic for a blog?

[/ QUOTE ]

years ago when i used to blog, i would read some more popular blogs, then every now and then i'd sent them a message, telling them i appreciated their writings, or whatnot.

sometimes they offered to link your blog on theirs.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how to wash caps? Generally after a lot of wear, white caps generally get stained and I wanna get it off. Also, the insides get dirty as well. I'm sure I'll get hate for this but w/e.

[/ QUOTE ]

use a dishwasher. just put the had on the top rack and run it. Dishwasher is much gentler on a hat then washing machines are.