Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-04-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: flopped top set...

[ QUOTE ]
Any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deffinately.

I just kinda put that assignement out there to see if you get why 2+2 is useful. A lot of people come on here looking for cookie cutter maxims for each situation such as "the pot is too big to fold". I was just seeing if you were willing to put some work into explaining your thoughts, and not just looking for the simple answers.

I think you will make a good poster.
For what it's worth I agree with your assesment and think the hand was played well and a fold to the cap is the right play.

Though I would probably talk myself into calling the cap on the river in the heat of battle because I'm not good enough to lay down a set. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You only fear 3 hands (AA, QQ, and K10).

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm
35 also beats us.
If you look at the action 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or KT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] may be played this way if BB is a bit of a crazy player. With 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] being more likely as it's an OESD on the flop. This is a possibility you must consider since BB hasn't raised on any street (just donkbet every street) till the river.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:49 PM

hand converted. check
reads/stats given. check.
JJ raised preflop. check.
flopped set and played it fast. check
OP came back and answered questions that were asked for his benefit. check.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. all in all this is a very good first post and could serve as a model for other first time posters.

welcome to the micros Rob. I think youll fit in here nicely.

Ozi
Old 11-04-2007, 04:51 PM

I think its QueBobs gimmick and we're being leveled. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM

just call the raise on the river.

this is where i have been paying attention to sd numbers. well, not really this hand, more marginal situations than this. but if he is only going to SD ~30 and winning @ SD over 55 I get real worried. Again, not in this hand in particular, but in more marginal hands like TPTK where you might want to fold.

So what were the SD numbers of this guy?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth I agree with your assesment and think the hand was played well and a fold to the cap is the right play.

Though I would probably talk myself into calling the cap on the river in the heat of battle because I'm not good enough to lay down a set. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, thanks guys. I did call at the time, but on review a fold would be better.
[ QUOTE ]
So what were the SD numbers of this guy?

[/ QUOTE ] Checking now (and thinking I should probably add these numbers to PAHud...), they were Went to SD 35% and won @ SD 80%. Further suggesting I was beat.

[ QUOTE ]
35 also beats us.
If you look at the action 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or KT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] may be played this way if BB is a bit of a crazy player. With 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] being more likely as it's an OESD on the flop. This is a possibility you must consider since BB hasn't raised on any street (just donkbet every street) till the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good read. How it went down:
River: (19.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 31.70 BB

Results:
BB has 5h 3h (straight, five high).
UTG+1 has Ad Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has Jd Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 31.70 BB.

Not entirely sure what BB was doing PF, and why UTG+1 capped turn but not flop...
Old 11-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Rob, regarding W2SD and W$SD just be aware that you need a reasonable sample size before you start reading too much into them for a particular villian. You can use them but probably only as a potential tiebreaker and/or when they are at/near the extreme edge of the range.