Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: 400nl AK flop decision.

I'd make it a pot-sized $68 preflop to price out small/medium pps (in this and future hands where I have a big pp).

As played a lot depends on how strong villian is and how he sees your 3 bet requirements (with a caller). Against a straight-forward TAG then I think you should probably fold as your range has a lot of AK/KK/AA from villian's prespective.

If villian is a good thinking player AND has reason to assume that you have a reasonably wide 3 bet range (AJ+, TT+, etc) then I'd continue about 25-50% of the time (probably with a push) and fold the rest.

If villian is strong and you have a tightish 3bet range then I struggle to put him on a hand. I expect him to raise AA/KK, fold 77/55/AQs and fold/push AK preflop. I'd assume he was playing tricky with AA/KK against the UTG raiser expecting you to fold and kept up the deception when you raised but of course JJ/QQ make some sense preflop.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd assume he was playing tricky with AA/KK against the UTG raiser expecting you to fold and kept up the deception when you raised

[/ QUOTE ]

Can an aggressive relatively unknown player really pass up two oppertunities to reraise KK/AA preflop??
Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 PM

i agree i prolly stick it in here unless he knows your 3bet range and you guys have history...if called i would bet you see a split a whole lot of the time actually
Old 04-09-2007, 04:49 PM

I cant see myself folding here because I cant put him on a hand that beats us since he RR AA/KK most of the time. So I prob 3bet AI or call and give bluffs a last chance to fire.