Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers

[ QUOTE ]
Also Edge, you claim to never make it personal.
You attacking me last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, according to everybody who thinks its cool to flame me in here, apparently the rule is "you can attack people as long as what you think they said is stupid".

You said Peyton was overrated, which was obviously stupid. That's about as bad as I've ever gone, and really wasn't totally personal. Way to try to dig up something over a year old.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edge,
Until you can recognize pass interference in its most blatant and obvious form you should really stop posting about the NFL. Your stupidity in this thread is out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the only one saying it was close. What do you say to that?

And you're saying I'M the stupid one.....wow. I get that people can't help but get their panties in a bunch whenever I post, but it seems like lots of you don't even read what I'm saying half the time. Or read when people actually, you know, agree with me. But of course, I get all the hate because you can't control it.

Let's sum it up:

I make a post about a questionable call, and all of a sudden I'm the biggest retard on teh internetz.

ANY NUMBER OF PEOPLE SIT HERE AND BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT CALLS SCREWING THEM, EVEN WHEN THEY WIN, AND THAT'S COOL?

I love the double standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me who else thinks that call was close and I'll tell you they must be a complete moron too.

Your posts on PI in this thread are so laughably bad that it makes me wonder if you have ever watched a football game before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody (Richard Tanner) for one.

You idiots just love to ride me for anything you disagree with me on simply because of the way I choose to cheer for my team. Its ok when people from Boston come here and cry about games being rigged even when they [censored] win, but I make one close comment, and all of a sudden the assclowns like you flame away.

[censored] off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it wasn't as bad as they were getting on you for. But I also said it was a pretty easy call.

The issue is that it's almost counter-intuitive. The DB wasn't trying to interfear, he wasn't trying to do anything, so you'd naturally assume he shouldn't get penelized. But that's just it, he wasn't making a play on the ball, he leaves himself open to get a foul "drawn" off of him.

Think Reggie Miller.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

So really, you agree it was at least possibly close? All I ever said was I saw Gates turn around and move back for the ball, and I don't think you can just run through a defender because your QB can't throw the ball far enough. Think "established position".
Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, according to everybody who thinks its cool to flame me in here, apparently the rule is "you can attack people as long as what you think they said is stupid".

You said Peyton was overrated, which was obviously stupid. That's about as bad as I've ever gone, and really wasn't totally personal. Way to try to dig up something over a year old.

[/ QUOTE ]
Either you stop bitching about people attacking you or admit you were wrong in attacking me. You can't have both.

Edge, are absolutely retarded. (according to you, this isn't a personal attack)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edge,
Until you can recognize pass interference in its most blatant and obvious form you should really stop posting about the NFL. Your stupidity in this thread is out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the only one saying it was close. What do you say to that?

And you're saying I'M the stupid one.....wow. I get that people can't help but get their panties in a bunch whenever I post, but it seems like lots of you don't even read what I'm saying half the time. Or read when people actually, you know, agree with me. But of course, I get all the hate because you can't control it.

Let's sum it up:

I make a post about a questionable call, and all of a sudden I'm the biggest retard on teh internetz.

ANY NUMBER OF PEOPLE SIT HERE AND BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT CALLS SCREWING THEM, EVEN WHEN THEY WIN, AND THAT'S COOL?

I love the double standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me who else thinks that call was close and I'll tell you they must be a complete moron too.

Your posts on PI in this thread are so laughably bad that it makes me wonder if you have ever watched a football game before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody (Richard Tanner) for one.

You idiots just love to ride me for anything you disagree with me on simply because of the way I choose to cheer for my team. Its ok when people from Boston come here and cry about games being rigged even when they [censored] win, but I make one close comment, and all of a sudden the assclowns like you flame away.

[censored] off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it wasn't as bad as they were getting on you for. But I also said it was a pretty easy call.

The issue is that it's almost counter-intuitive. The DB wasn't trying to interfear, he wasn't trying to do anything, so you'd naturally assume he shouldn't get penelized. But that's just it, he wasn't making a play on the ball, he leaves himself open to get a foul "drawn" off of him.

Think Reggie Miller.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

So really, you agree it was at least possibly close? All I ever said was I saw Gates turn around and move back for the ball, and I don't think you can just run through a defender because your QB can't throw the ball far enough. Think "established position".

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree, if the DB (can't remember who it was) was just standing there, but the beef is that he was moving too. So he's moving and not playing the ball, while Gates is making a play on the ball (regardless of how bad the pass was, and it was very underthrown). That's gonna get a flag 80% of the time I'd guess, or 100% in non-Colts games if you're a Pats troll.

I hate to use cross-sport analogies, but it works like Basketball. Even if you're moving away, drawing contact still usually goes the offenses way.

Cody
Old 11-12-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Either you stop bitching about people attacking you or admit you were wrong in attacking me. You can't have both.

Edge, are absolutely retarded. (according to you, this isn't a personal attack)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, if your feelings are still hurt that I said you, if you really honestly believe Peyton (who now has a Super Bowl Title, btw) is overrated, are retarded, I'm sorry.

Of course, what you said was even dumber than anything I've said about any pass interference call, EVER. How about that? You may not ACTUALLY be retarded, but you sure hold one hell of a grudge.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:28 PM

Edge34 = the fgators of the sporting events forum.

Patriots fans, Chargers fans, Colts fans, and almost everybody else disagrees with him and yet he blindly marches on.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you really honestly believe Peyton (who now has a Super Bowl Title, btw) is overrated, are retarded, I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying it's impossible for great athletes to be overrated? ie once you reach a certain level of greatness, no matter how much anybody praises you, it can't possibly be too much?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edge34 = the fgators of the sporting events forum.

Patriots fans, Chargers fans, Colts fans, and almost everybody else disagrees with him and yet he blindly marches on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, most of the Pats fans on this board are going to disagree with me whether I'm right or not. Their hatred of the Colts and me specifically is laughable.

What I'm really surprised about is that one post about one pass interference no-call that, even if close either way, has gotten so many people's little lace panties in a bunch. I have somehow earned the power to make otherwise rational people go completely insane just by making an argument for something.

They can't simply disagree and move on with life, they have to open up the floodgates and flame me.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you really honestly believe Peyton (who now has a Super Bowl Title, btw) is overrated, are retarded, I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying it's impossible for great athletes to be overrated? ie once you reach a certain level of greatness, no matter how much anybody praises you, it can't possibly be too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Are you saying one can actually think Peyton Manning is being overrated by ANYONE when there are so many people who will say Tom Brady is better?

There are plenty of athletes who are overrated. Peyton Manning isn't even close to being one of them.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, what you said was even dumber than anything I've said about any pass interference call, EVER. How about that? You may not ACTUALLY be retarded, but you sure hold one hell of a grudge.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just sick of you claiming that you never make things personal when it's just flat out wrong. This has been one of your primary defenses in these arguments. I dug it up because this is the only example that I remembered what to search for.

This is how these threads usually go:
1. Something happens that either favors for or against the Colts
2. You post your opinion (biased/non-biased, whatever...IMO your opinions are very very biased)
3. Some NE fan calls you stupid (probably uncalled for, but this is the internet....who cares)
4. Everyone who disagrees with you joins in
5. You overreact and start whining and bitching about how the whole forum attacks you
6. You claim that you are always more than fair, present facts, never make personal attacks.