Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers

Wow, I just read this entire thread pretty much just for Edge/sublime entertainment value. My observations:

-Both the Colts and the Bolts deserve a loss
-Game was not decided by the false start call
-Even Colts fans think Edge is being stupid
-Edge's definition of being "more than fair" = incredibly biased
-Peyton had possibly the worst game of his career, this game has basically zero impact on the Manning vs Brady debate
-PLO8 seems to not know who Michael Jordan is
Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM

Ugh Norv Suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

[ QUOTE ]
As the San Diego Chargers filed into their locker room following their dramatic, 23-21 victory over the second-best team in football Sunday night, there was no pretense of triumph. The celebration, if you could call it that, was subdued and almost sheepish.

Despite having defeated the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts – their first victory of the 2007 season over a team with a winning record, and one that moved them into sole possession of first place in the AFC West – San Diego's players reacted like a bunch of biologists who had just received an award for proving that humans need air to survive.

Then, as few others can, Chargers coach Norv Turner sucked the remaining air out of the locker room, telling his players, and I paraphrase: This could be the game that gives us the momentum we need to do something special. Even though we did a lot of things wrong, we still found a way to win, and we can build on that.

Just like that, the Chargers were on a roll – specifically, the eye-rolls that many players felt like giving during Turner's speech.

Right, coach. Whatever you say.

More realistically, Sunday's victory was a one-shot gift from the football gods, an oddly unsatisfying offering that merely reminded the Chargers (5-4) how far they are from being what they thought they were two shorts months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak...o&type=lgns
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Edge's definition of being "more than fair" = incredibly biased

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be proving this.

I made arguments that, while you may disagree with them personally, are anything but "incredibly biased" and certainly no more biased than all the Bostonians around this stupid forum.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Edge,
Until you can recognize pass interference in its most blatant and obvious form you should really stop posting about the NFL. Your stupidity in this thread is out of control.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edge,
Until you can recognize pass interference in its most blatant and obvious form you should really stop posting about the NFL. Your stupidity in this thread is out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the only one saying it was close. What do you say to that?

And you're saying I'M the stupid one.....wow. I get that people can't help but get their panties in a bunch whenever I post, but it seems like lots of you don't even read what I'm saying half the time. Or read when people actually, you know, agree with me. But of course, I get all the hate because you can't control it.

Let's sum it up:

I make a post about a questionable call, and all of a sudden I'm the biggest retard on teh internetz.

ANY NUMBER OF PEOPLE SIT HERE AND BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT CALLS SCREWING THEM, EVEN WHEN THEY WIN, AND THAT'S COOL?

I love the double standard.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BigCummins,

I was born in Davenport and most of my family still lives there or in Bettendorf. Not a bad place, may be going back for the holidays.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigCummins and Tuq,

WTF.

I'm from Moline. How did I not know there were others from the area.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're saying I'M the stupid one.....wow. I get that people can't help but get their panties in a bunch whenever I post, but it seems like lots of you don't even read what I'm saying half the time. Or read when people actually, you know, agree with me. But of course, I get all the hate because you can't control it.

Let's sum it up:

I make a post about a questionable call, and all of a sudden I'm the biggest retard on teh internetz.

ANY NUMBER OF PEOPLE SIT HERE AND BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT CALLS SCREWING THEM, EVEN WHEN THEY WIN, AND THAT'S COOL?

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me who else thinks that call was close and I'll tell you they must be a complete moron too.

Your posts on PI in this thread are so laughably bad that it makes me wonder if you have ever watched a football game before.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's sum it up:

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me who else thinks that call was close and I'll tell you they must be a complete moron too.

Your posts on PI in this thread are so laughably bad that it makes me wonder if you have ever watched a football game before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody (Richard Tanner) for one.

You idiots just love to ride me for anything you disagree with me on simply because of the way I choose to cheer for my team. Its ok when people from Boston come here and cry about games being rigged even when they [censored] win, but I make one close comment, and all of a sudden the assclowns like you flame away.

[censored] off.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Also Edge, you claim to never make it personal.
You attacking me last year.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's sum it up:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody (Richard Tanner) for one.

You idiots just love to ride me for anything you disagree with me on simply because of the way I choose to cheer for my team. Its ok when people from Boston come here and cry about games being rigged even when they [censored] win, but I make one close comment, and all of a sudden the assclowns like you flame away.

[censored] off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it wasn't as bad as they were getting on you for. But I also said it was a pretty easy call.

The issue is that it's almost counter-intuitive. The DB wasn't trying to interfear, he wasn't trying to do anything, so you'd naturally assume he shouldn't get penelized. But that's just it, he wasn't making a play on the ball, he leaves himself open to get a foul "drawn" off of him.

Think Reggie Miller.

Cody