Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Announcing a Short-Story Contest

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Katy,

I'll see if I can scrape something together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I was hoping you would. You're last story was one of my favorites and I've had other people tell me that as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice of you to say so, Katy.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can count me in this year. I think that there should be a minimum post count and a date of at least 3 months old. Oh, wait, that won't translate to vBulletins, will it?

I agree that there should be one thread for submissions and one for discussion. Perhaps add one poll thread for the voting.

Not sure what I will write about, but I am shaking in my boots.

[/ QUOTE ]

If things get done this way, perhaps Katie could lock and unlock it solely to put in new submissions, identifying the author if so desired. All submissions could go directly to her so the thread could be kept bare of anything but stories. That would keep things nice and tidy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea, but I think it would only work if it could get stickied at the top of the page.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I also like this idea and would submit that submissions be handled in the following manner:

All submissions to be either PM'd or e-mailed to Katie, who would then post them, WITHOUT identifying the author.

This would eliminate any/all bias based upon personality, with the added bonus of adding some fun/suspense on guessing who wrote what.

Of course, each submission should be titled, and then we would all simply vote for the title, not the author.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:22 AM

I don't plan on writing, but I'll read and vote and discuss. :P

I also think it should be done anonymously, and as well as being labled with the title, a # for easy reference might be a good idea.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I also like this idea and would submit that submissions be handled in the following manner:

All submissions to be either PM'd or e-mailed to Katie, who would then post them, WITHOUT identifying the author.

This would eliminate any/all bias based upon personality, with the added bonus of adding some fun/suspense on guessing who wrote what.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think there'd be a bias?

I don't mind doing what you suggest but I'm not sure it matters one way or the other if people use their name or go anonymous. The last contest we had most participants posted under their name and I'm pretty confident that everyone just voted on the story they thought was the best. But if you guys want to do it anonymously that's fine with me. Hell you might be right about a bias. I just want people to take the time to read the stories because a lot of you are very talented. So whatever way best achieves this is what I want.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:17 PM

March 2007 writing contest submissions
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 PM

if it's anonymous, I think we should submit via gimmick account. it's easier for Katy and also then we could use the gimmick to answer any questions that arise in the commentary thread. otherwise I may end up bursting from not being able to comment on someone's interpretation of my story or just be like "actually I think the author meant this, lol."
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 PM

also, I'm firing $25 into the pot. I strongly encourage everyone participating to do the same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, I'm firing $25 into the pot. I strongly encourage everyone participating to do the same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
woooord
Old 11-22-2007, 02:22 AM

Well, I've finished my story, I believe. I guess the submission window opens at the end of the month?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:17 AM

I haven't even started yet.