Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Does anybody else dislike the Colbert Report???

Daily show is just awful. Was much better before every single show is about politics and the war. Stewart takes himself WAYYY too seriously. Not only is Colbert > Stewart, but Kilborn > Stewart.

Colbert report is pretty good, don't usually watch it but if nothing else is on its pretty solid. Better Know a District is simply amazing.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:12 PM

I agree with Nonfiction. Stewart takes himself way to seriously. Colbert is awesome, but of course he has bad shows when he has 4 20 minute shows each week where it is all him.
The interviews have gotten meh because people get the shtick. Him interviewing himself for his new book was awesome.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Daily show is just awful. Was much better before every single show is about politics and the war. Stewart takes himself WAYYY too seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, this just makes me like Stewart more. The state of the news media in this country is deplorable, and I think it's clear that Stewart has taken it upon himself to at least remedy that to some degree. It's still funny, and it's better news "analysis" than you'll catch on most other shows.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe someone else hasn't posted this yet, but
for this alone I will never question Colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A

The back story is the person who invited him to the dinner had never seen his show, oops.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe someone else hasn't posted this yet, but
for this alone I will never question Colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A

The back story is the person who invited him to the dinner had never seen his show, oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously do you actually believe that back story, that's ridiculous, i've seen this clip before and it is pretty much as good as it gets, but the notion that someone organising and event of that order would not know who they were booking is just crazy wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't "believe" it in so much as I would tell someone else they're wrong if I was presented with another reason. I just can't think of ANY logical reason why you would invite someone who is more intelligent, more articulate, and hates your guts, to speak at a polite social function. Particularly when I could see someone screening the show for 15min's not "getting it"

But if you were the booking agent clue us in?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM

Both shows are unwatchable. Colberts was "fresh" for a couple weeks but now I just want to punch him in the face all the time. All he does is spaz out and point his finger at the camera like every 3 seconds. Puts me on lifetilt.

In summary, yeah, there are others who don't like "Colbert REPORE!" OMG he made report rhyme with his name! Clever!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Daily show is just awful. Was much better before every single show is about politics and the war. Stewart takes himself WAYYY too seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, this just makes me like Stewart more. The state of the news media in this country is deplorable, and I think it's clear that Stewart has taken it upon himself to at least remedy that to some degree. It's still funny, and it's better news "analysis" than you'll catch on most other shows.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Stewart is a lot more like Keith Olbermann than someone who is fixing the problem.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both shows are unwatchable. Colberts was "fresh" for a couple weeks but now I just want to punch him in the face all the time. All he does is spaz out and point his finger at the camera like every 3 seconds. Puts me on lifetilt.

In summary, yeah, there are others who don't like "Colbert REPORE!" OMG he made report rhyme with his name! Clever!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's French, bitch.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Stewart is a lot more like Keith Olbermann than someone who is fixing the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colbert pretty much sucks for the most part. "The Word" is unwatchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me sad. "The Word" is the best 5 minutes of TV every night IMO.