Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM

Default AQ UI 3-betted on flop against spewtard

UTG is 53/7/0,4 fish. 180 hand on him, but no specific notes other then very passive on flop and turn but comes to life on rivers when he has a good hand.

CO is overagreesive postflop 37/27/2,8 my notes on him was that he 3-bet 2 overs on flop, 3-bet KJ on AKx-board, Capped 22 from SB, Steal with 86s from button, 3-bet AJ HU after c/r on 344-flop and c/r A-flop in BvB after completing in SB. I had 400 hand on him.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $15/$30
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero ?

what about pf?
I raise flop to iso spewtard and plnned to check behind turn UI and call river UI since he bluffs a lot.
Do you fold turn?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: AQ UI 3-betted on flop against spewtard

Do you think UTG doesn't open the top 7%? I would assume that, and play PF the same. Flop is spew, just c/c and reevaluate the turn. As played I don't know how many outs you have, but if he has a draw I think he's gonna 3 barrel it so you can probably only win by improving. I would fold the turn without doing any math.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM

flop c/r is bad
you can't check anything behind oop
Old 09-06-2007, 05:10 PM

I dont like the flop play. The donk isnt folding a lot and your eq vs CO's range isnt stellar.

I would just peel it.

Turn is a fold IMO but I dont hate peeling. You have to bet out if you improve tho.

EDIT. Who is the LAG BTW if you dont mind sharing..?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop c/r is bad
you can't check anything behind oop

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad off course I can't.

I usually don't do this but my thinking was that since I would have called this down against CO since he's a spewtard I could try and get this HU. If UTG stayed in the hand I was planning to fold turn UI. I think UTG could fold AK,AQ,KQ, and PP:s under jacks for 2SB. My chances of winning the pot should improve pretty much if I got it HU with spewtard that I'm often ahead of. Since I've seen him 3-betting air on flops several times before I planned to check/call down after the flop. Does this make any sense at all?

Ohh Oink you don't have to worry I don't play Party, the HH-converter translates "Svenska Spel"-hands to Party format [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ohh Oink you don't have to worry I don't play Party, the HH-converter translates "Svenska Spel"-hands to Party format

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. So the limits are 15/30 SEK? = $2.5/$5..?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohh Oink you don't have to worry I don't play Party, the HH-converter translates "Svenska Spel"-hands to Party format

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. So the limits are 15/30 SEK? = $2.5/$5..?

[/ QUOTE ]

correct, I usually change 15/30SEK hands to 2/4 and 20/40 hands to 3/6, but forgot this time. I would not think guys like this would show up at 15/30 at Party. And I will never show up at Party either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], I'll stay in my sweet swedish fishpond...
Old 09-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Swedish bastards!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't do this but my thinking was that since I would have called this down against CO since he's a spewtard I could try and get this HU. If UTG stayed in the hand I was planning to fold turn UI. I think UTG could fold AK,AQ,KQ, and PP:s under jacks for 2SB. My chances of winning the pot should improve pretty much if I got it HU with spewtard that I'm often ahead of. Since I've seen him 3-betting air on flops several times before I planned to check/call down after the flop. Does this make any sense at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

bump: would like some comments on this. Is the cliché "if you're planning to call, why not raise?" ever viable here?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:54 PM

preflop is probably a cap, but i doubt your giving up much really. i like the flop c/r to knock out UTG. i do this frequently against over aggressive players. when i do this it is always with the intent to call down.... so i'd call down.