Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Megabus.com

I just made plans to go up to Chicago for Super Bowl weekend (hopefully with a certain local team to root for) and used Megabus. I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I just wanted to let others know about it and/or hear some stories of people using it.

Megabus offers bus rides throughout the midwest. The main drawback is that there aren't many direct routes (i.e. you can't go from Indianapolis to St. Louis) and everything is run through Chicago. However, Megabus' main draw is their low ticket pricing. Depending on the day of the week and how full the bus is, tickets can be found from as low as $1 to as high as $40. For instance, I'm traveling to Chicago on the 3rd of February and returning on the 6th. My round trip total is $9.50 ($8 going up, $1 coming back, and a $.50 service charge).

I've taken the bus a few times and have had one minor problem. On one trip up, the driver had concerns about something in the brakes (I think he was worried about the pressure), so we had to stop for a half hour. There was talk of having to wait for a replacement bus, but fortunately it didn't come to that.

Otherwise, everything is extremely nice (especially for the price). There's an ample amount of foot room, a bathroom, and occasionally they'll put on a movie. At the very least, it can save you over half the costs that you would spend on gas alone, and it saves me from having to drive I-65.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Megabus.com

Where did you come from that the fare was only $10ish?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you come from that the fare was only $10ish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indianapolis
Old 01-19-2007, 07:35 PM

It's gonna be pretty disappointing when Chicago loses.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:37 PM

I took Megabus with 3 of my friends last summer from Minneapolis to Chicago. It was much slower then driving ourselves but we saved money on gas and parking. It was well worth the 20 bucks round trip. There werent any problems on our trip, except maybe a stinky ass bathroom. Sit in the front of the bus. lol