Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: marijuana use and dreams

I quit smoking when I went to Thailand for a couple weeks. Crazy vivid nightmare style wake up sweating dreams ensued.

This is a known phenomenon I remember reading about how this previously. Maybe try erowid or somewhere for more info.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 AM

I've experienced this with pot and with cigarettes. When not smoking pot the dreams are just weird, when quitting cigarettes the dreams are about smoking cigarettes.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 AM

I need to smoke a fatty just to fall asleep, otherwise I'll just lie in bed for hours. I'd rather have sleep than dreams that's for sure.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 PM

I used to smoke very heavily, too, and when I quit I got vivid dreams for a while, soon goes away.

Also, I vividly remember my dreams for a few nights when I experience a change of environment, think that's standard.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 PM

I've noticed this as well. Used to smoke quite heavily and for the longest time I rarely recalled any dreams at all. A few weeks after quitting the dreams came back again.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 PM

I smoked way too much last week, now taking a breather, and am noticing this too. Not only are they more vivid, but they are also much weirder and scarier.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM

wow i would have said OP was weird but after reading the responses I guess I'm the weird one.

I have a kick-ass awesome vivid dream pretty much every night but back when I smoked pot they were 10 times more intense to me. I used to sometimes smoke a little right before bed just so I WOULD have some intense dream.

I also remember it got to where I could smoke some pot and go to bed, then while still completely awake I would have very detailed (albeit black and white) hallucinations either in the dark (eyes open) or behind my eyelids.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM

I used it pretty heavy for 18 months and then early this year stopped - (that's the way I am - why milk a habit over 10 years when I can burn out and go neurotic in 18 months - LOL) - when I messed with it, I didn't dream.

at least I really don't think I dreamed under the stuff - it's possible, and I know folks who think they do but get into the deep sleep from which it's hard to remember dreams, but ever since then even till now my recall of dreams is pretty good, which is surprising -

kinda makes you wonder whether you ever hit deep REM sleep - dunno. But it's been months and I still remember pretty well the one I had an hr ago when I woke up - Long term recall is fuzzy, but if I had written down a quick sentence summary, I'd have remembered them.

Last week I dreamed I was in Vegas, King Ghidorah was trashing the place and living in an underground parking stall at the IP, and no one noticed except me, and I thought he was Rodan - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - gotta love dreams.

RB
Old 11-01-2007, 02:21 PM

I've had those hallucinations in the dark too... and those are definately way more scarier than my dreams. Ive slowed down from 3-4 smokes after work to 1 and I did notice I'm remembering more dreams than before. I'm quitting after next week. We'll see if the dreams get weirder/scarier.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to smoke a fatty just to fall asleep, otherwise I'll just lie in bed for hours. I'd rather have sleep than dreams that's for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that when I go to bed blazed, it takes me forever to fall asleep, compared to when I'm straight.
In regards to OP, I NEVER dream if I'm high (or at least don't remember them) but do when I'm not...