Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Another friends and jail situation

Summary: Can a friend mailing you something result in your prosecution?

So my friend apparently decided to send me a random early Christmas gift in harvested plant form. When speaking to me I requested that he mail the product through Fed Ex or UPS, as I really like to avoid pissing off, or otherwise involving federal facilities.

Typical of most pothead friends, he ignored my advice and sent it first class through the United States Postal system over a week ago. The length of time involved and method of shipping leads me to believe that there may have be some delays

My question, if anyone knows anything about this, can I get in trouble for this? Arguably I never requested the transaction, have not been involved with it at any point, so if I walk in to pick up this box and Big brother is there to grab me, can I just deny everything? I don’t really understand how I can be held accountable, however the long delay in the arrival of the package leads me to wonder.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Another friends and jail situation

I didn't used to think you could get busted for things mailed to you or that would be a pretty sweet way to exact revenge upon my nemeses. But I think Robert Parish got busted for having weed mailed to him and was charged. This led to the rather amusing nickname given to him and fellow teammate and pothead Alaa Abdelnaby: "Chief and Chong".
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM

My advice:
1) Get a phone book and look for attorneys.
2) Select a few who offer a free consultation.
3) Call one/a few/all of them and explain the situation.
4) Take their free advice.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM

Nah, call your congressman's office and bitch that you're paying taxes and yet the mailman can't even deliver your weed bag. You gotta go right up the chain, bro.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't used to think you could get busted for things mailed to you or that would be a pretty sweet way to exact revenge upon my nemeses. But I think Robert Parish got busted for having weed mailed to him and was charged. This led to the rather amusing nickname given to him and fellow teammate and pothead Alaa Abdelnaby: "Chief and Chong".

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my logic as well. Seems to me that for a couple hundred bucks I could really send out some punishment.

Really can't believe my friend was this tardo, especially after I not only explained what to do, but gave him reasons WHY.

I just keep thinking about the Mitch Headburg bit about the Fed Ex man.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Did your friend mail it to you or to a random name at your address?

Did he use a true return address or a fake one?

How did he package it, peanut butter? Coffee?

It sounds like he didn't package it right and it set off a drug dog or something. I doubt you'll hear anything about it unless your name was on the package.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So my friend apparently decided to send me a random early Christmas gift in harvested plant form. When speaking to me I requested that he mail the product through Fed Ex or UPS,

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 PM

Have your friend mail you a carton of Kools for your next birthday. Kools is money on the inside.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:52 PM

If your friend was stupid enough to put his name and return address on there then its gonna get messy, but basically you just need to have someone besides yourself bring the package into your home. If the package is being monitored by law enforcement, you're screwed if you personally bring it into your home...you've accepted delivery by doing so. If a friend/family member carries it in without your knowledge, you never technically accepted delivery and should be fine if you just tell the DEA or w/e that you had no knowledge of a package being shipped to you and that you were going to refuse it had your friend/family member not brought it into your home.

This is a pretty common thing on the bodybuilding forums...guys will get gear shipped to them and they just have someone else bring it into their house for them.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So my friend apparently decided to send me a random early Christmas gift in harvested plant form. When speaking to me I requested that he mail the product through Fed Ex or UPS,

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading the rest of the OP, it appears it hasn't arrived yet:

[ QUOTE ]
Typical of most pothead friends, he ignored my advice and sent it first class through the United States Postal system over a week ago. The length of time involved and method of shipping leads me to believe that there may have be some delays

[/ QUOTE ]

At least that's how I read it.