Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

[ QUOTE ]
how do i put this in a nice way, kneeco and everyone one else debating whether or not the op broke the law

shut the f.uck up!

op,

please post more cool stories like the one about the phone and the crazy inmate in the yard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 AM

this thread has been derailed enough, please tell all the good stories there. Those 2 you posted are awesome.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my $4k/month apt

[/ QUOTE ]

4k/month apartment on a salary of 75-100k?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I worked for that company I lived in an a $1600/month apt.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What were the charges specifically? Securities fraud?

I think those of you arguing the likelihood of his guilt are also missing the legal fuzziness of a lot of white collar crime, as a lot of it originates from some scheme that is borderline legal and borderline ethical to begin with or operates on some kind of loophole.

[/ QUOTE ]

The charges were a securities fraud. The DA charged us under laws that were made to prosecute totally different illegal activity. Therefore I would prefer not give the specific charges as it was a rarity for a security crime to be prosecuted under these laws (would like to stay anonymous).

Yes unethical at the worst should have been NASD violations but it was all about headlines, and once the DA relented on the promoting part, he was'nt letting go.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 PM

What are the card games like in prison?

Was there much bartering going on?

What could 2 cartons of smokes actually get you?

How many other innocent people do you think you met in jail?

If you had to spend another 2 years in jail how much money would you need to be paid to do it?

Did you learn much from others about breaking the law/scams etc?

How many times did you think "fk it.. I'm breaking out of here"?

Why didn't you just leg it to canada and skip the jail time altogether?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM

If you went through the whole trial and then was convicted I might have some symphathy. But, you did plead guilty so something you did would smell as being illegal. But, of course, another inmate who is innocent. I have met jillions of them and laugh. Oh, I realize that there are some innocent people in prison but definitely a very small minority. And again, a very small minority took a plea although most of them were guilty of something.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM

Mr,

For the plea I asked about that, my lawyer said it was different than the feds in that the DOC had total say where I go.

DHG,

Yeah not so much of a strain because of where I was located. It def sucked, but I was able to see her 2x/week for 5hrs each day, and I spoke with her everyday for an hour. Conjugal are only the maxs, but we had our share of long kisses and little rubbing.

FWIW some people were able to get laid in the visitor bathroom durin visits

Adebisi,

Totally thought about running. I knew that thye would not come after me, but I would never be able to come back to the US again. They did want my passport, my lawyer told them I lost it, which I di, and they never said anything after. No assets were frozen, surprisingly . The head DA is still there, he did the Tyco investigation. His assistant is now trying to be a white collar defense attorney
Old 11-25-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of how I got there, my $4k/month apt, was changed for a bunk in a 48sqft room with a murderer as a roommate. Surely there are questions of thexperience.

[/ QUOTE ]

why were you living in a $4k/mo apartment on 100k salary? also, what did $4k get in 1995? 3BRS?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 PM

Hawk,

Most of the guards (co) were alright. At the worst they were a stickler for rules, ie. write you up for smoking. At the very worst they were [censored], like the co who wrote me up when I had my hand on the inside of my gf thigh in visit. But I didnt see any that were abusive. Some I had conversations with, but you definitely did not want to be known as one who always spoke to the co's.

Miss,

No rita, but I did read the count of monte cristo in there 1400 pages.

Tornado,

The day I will never forget is when our SEC lawyer called us and said he was contacted by the Da. The incompetent ADA called him by mistake, essentially tipping him that my office was involved in an investifgation. LOL, at the end of the conversation the ADA told my lawyer "dont say anything".

Our SEC guy said we should probably think about talking to criminal lawyers. We were like "huh". I still did not think it was a big deal until a week later, when our new criminal lawyers went down to the DA to see what was up. They came back and told us that the DA truly believes we did something wrong. My "fun life" ended there. For the next 9 months our lawyers were trying to prove to the DA we were in no way involved with criminal activity and had no idea what the other ofices were doing. Like I wrote in a previous post, a lawyer told us woith this DA "God himself could come down and tell him he is wrong , and he still wont believe it".

So 9 months after learning about the investigation wwe were indicted. Our lawyers filed what I thtought were fabulous motion to dismiss (which rarely happens) and 1 year after indictment was a trial.

Oddly enough, I never saw a fight, saw threats but no fights.The atmosphere in my jail was I guess very laid back relatively speaking.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going to jail is evidence that you broke the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is simply flat out wrong, 100%.

Going to jail is evidence only that he was convincted of a crime, not that he committed it. www.dictionary.com and then look up "evidence"

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*, I really have no desire to play this game anymore and like everyone wants me to stop, but when I'm so obviously right and being countered by people who don't know English/can't even be bothered to make an argument, how can I not reply?
[ QUOTE ]
ev·i·dence /ˈɛvɪdəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ev-i-duhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -denced, -denc·ing.
–noun
1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he went to jail tends to prove/is grounds for belief that he broke the law, on the basis that we know that the vast majority of people who went to jail broke the law.

Why do you people think evidence has to be 100% foolproof to be evidence?? It doesn't, read the definition. No going to jail doesn't prove he broke the law, but going to jail is evidence that he broke the law, it "tends" to indicate it.

After you've looked up the definition of evidence and see the word tends in there, look up that word and see that it means "to have tendency", "to be disposed or inclined", and we all know that if you've been to jail, you probably broke the law.

Summary:
1) Going to jail does not necessarily equal having broken the law.
2) However, it *tends* to be the case that people who have been to jail, have broken the law.
3) Therefore, going to jail != prove having broken the law.
4) But going to jail = evidence of having broken the law.