Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Default High School Football - Sat Night

Does anyone know of any site taking action on the Southlake Carroll Dragons (Texas)v. Miami Northwestern Bulls (Florida) game on ESPNU on Sat night?

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: High School Football - Sat Night

you're probably better off just finding someone in town (or someone online who reps for the FL team) to fade you for a few bucks privately.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:04 PM

usually 5dimes has these sort of games
Old 09-12-2007, 05:03 PM

off topic a little...there's a bookie in the area that takes lines on high school football games, where he seemingly picks the lines out of the air...i made a killing (micro-stakes style) several years in a row.

then, i took a jv baseball coach job, and the head coach was/is apparently friends with the guy, and he told me i shouldn't bet on high school games of any sport any more with the guy...never did again..though if we were going to a game, we'd call for the line, and then bet amongst ourselves...

i remember one year being 15-1 at one point, against his spreads, but because i was only betting $10-$20/game, he kept taking the action, and told me that whoever i bet, he'd change the spread, sometimes 3 points in whatever direction i took...

from a guy betting 10 bucks!

anyway, what side are you trying to take in the southlake/northwest game? just curious...i assume i'd take the florida school (speed), although southlake is always tough...it'd just be too hard to project a line. we just had the herbstreit games in ohio here, i'dve liked to have lines for those..
Old 09-12-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

then, i took a jv baseball coach job, and the head coach was/is apparently friends with the guy, and he told me i shouldn't bet on high school games of any sport any more with the guy...never did again..though if we were going to a game, we'd call for the line, and then bet amongst ourselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. It sounds like you were actually helping the bookie by sharpening his lines up in return for some small wins. If there's no moral objection to betting on high school games in general, why would you stop betting with him.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:35 PM

I think a coach in high school loses his job if he is betting on sports and it is discovered

for the small bets he was making, probably not worth the risk