Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Stats check: my game is falling apart

Hi, I am not a regular poster but I read a lot of posts on 2+2. I have had severe troubles with my poker recently. I moved up to NL200 a couple of months ago and everything was going great. I ran at 4.8 ptBB/100 for 100k hands and thought I was ready to move up to NL400. I took a shot and it went awful, so I decided to move back down.

The problem is since I moved down, I became a very marginal winner at NL200. I mostly broke even for my last 60K hands. My confidence is completely gone and I wonder if I was just on a heater for my first 100K hands, or if I am running awful right now. I know I have leaks in my play , so I decided to post here to get some advice. I will post my stats from my last 60K hands. I loosened up a little preflop, going from 20/17 to 23/20, but I don't feel like it drastically affected my play.

I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Stats check: my game is falling apart

Looks like you're playing for your stack too much, and in the first 100k hands when you hit all your draws and all your top pairs held up, you won. Now you aren't. Dunno what to say, keep at it I guess, your game will turn around eventually.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 PM

This sucks - sorry I can't interpret PT stats too well so I can't really help you out much there. 100k hands is a long time to be on a heater if that's what it was - but then 60k is a long time to be running bad too. Poker can be such a brutal game - it was mentioned in a blog of a very successful player that was linked from these forums - a young guy who is 'retiring' from poker because it bugs him and he doesn't need to make money from it any longer - someone will know where to get the link.

Anyway he basically pointed out that many people would play nowhere near the amount of hands he plays in a month in their lifetime. And he has had several months where he ran bad for it's entirety. So someone could play phenomenal poker all their life and wouldn't know it - which is ridiculous really - he imagined someone playing world-class golf all their lives and not realising it.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:41 PM

your stats look pretty solid. your turn/river AF is pretty high so you might spewing a bit unless you know what boards to double/triple on.

also try to steal smaller pots and get ur w$wsf up (43 is good but it could be higher if u want to nitpick).
Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Stats don't really say much, especially when taken in a vacuum. What sites do you play on and what is your SN? Those who have played with you can give you their impressions; much better IMO.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your stats look pretty solid. your turn/river AF is pretty high so you might spewing a bit unless you know what boards to double/triple on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am guilty of some major spew/tilt at times. I gotta get rid of that ego... What AF numbers should I aim for?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 AM

your stats look pretty solid tbh. only going to showdown 23% and not winning 50% of showdowns plus 43% w$wsf either means you are just running a bit bad, or you could be playing better post flop. one you can control, one you can't so just always try to improve and play your best i guess?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am guilty of some major spew/tilt at times. I gotta get rid of that ego... What AF numbers should I aim for?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your numbers are fine. don't worry about AF numbers in perfectly reasonable ranges just play well.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loosened up a little preflop, going from 20/17 to 23/20, but I don't feel like it drastically affected my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, 20% PFR seems to be that magic number where people suddenly give you no respect at all. It might not have affected your play much, but has it affected your opponents'? Getting called down much more lightly when behind, etc??

If people aren't giving you much respect and you're as aggro as your stats imply then you could be seriously spewing. Also maybe the money does not mean much to you anymore (after $400), leading to further random triple barrels that aren't likely to be +EV, etc..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, 20% PFR seems to be that magic number where people suddenly give you no respect at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

And as weird as it sounds, you could probably cold-call a little more often.