Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 04-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Star Trek: The Next Generation 3 [GAME THREAD]

Background:

The Borg have attempted to assimilate the crew of the Enterprise, but Q has intervened and turned the situation into yet another test for Captain Picard and his crew. Four of the crewmembers have been converted into Borg drones, but the rest have not.... but they cannot tell each other apart. All of them look exactly like Borg drones. And to make matters worse, Q himself is hiding out amongst them as well.

Characters:

There are only three things you can be certain of:

1) Captain Picard, Commander Riker, and at least one of Deanna Troi or Lwaxana Troi are all in the game
2) Q is in the game, and wins with the Borg
3) There are exactly four Borg drones

Aside from those details, any character listed here may either be Borg, non-Borg, or not in the game at all.

<u>Command Staff:</u>

Jean Luc Picard - Captain Picard is the leader of the Enterprise crew. In each Day and Night writeup, Captain Picard may be presented with some choices to make which will affect gameplay during the next Day or Night phase. He is also the most persuasive member of the crew, and if the final voting ends up tied, then Captain Picard's vote will count as the tiebreaker.

William T. Riker - As the ship's First Officer, Commander Riker is charged with monitoring the ship's personnel. Each Night, Commander Riker may use the computer to investigate one player and learn their character name (however, Q may disguise himself from this power). Also, Commander Riker will assume all of Captain Picard's powers in the event that Captain Picard dies.

Data - Data monitors the computer each night and learns what actions were attempted. He learns the targets of the actions, but does not learn who attempted them or what the outcome was.

<u>Special Powers:</u>

Deanna Troi - Each Night, Counselor Troi may use her empathic abilities to target one player and learn their character name, and whether or not they are a member of the Borg. Unfortunately, half of the time her attempt fails. Q is immune to this power.

Lwaxana Troi - Has the same powers as Deanna Troi.

Guinan - Guinan may search for Q each night. She will submit one player's name and learn whether she was correct.

<u>Security Officers:</u>

Worf - Klingons are trained for physical combat, and Worf can kill someone with his bare hands. During any Day phase, he may kill another player. To do so he must write in bold, "I am Worf. I kill [player name]." This may only be done one time, and may not be done in the final 20 minutes before Night. Anyone writing such a message who is not Worf will be modkilled. The victim of Worf's kill must stop posting immediately.

Kellogg - Ensign Kellogg may use the computer to attempt to lock one player's door each Night. There is a 50% chance of success. Someone with a locked door cannot leave their room to perform a kill or to use doctor powers, nor can anyone enter their room for those purposes. However, the Borg can bypass locked doors if they choose to use the transporter for their kill.

Sito Jaxa - Has the same powers as Kellogg.

Barnaby - Has the same powers as Kellogg.

<u>Doctors and Nurses:</u>

Beverly Crusher - Doctor Crusher may check on one player each Night. If they have been killed by the Borg, she has a 50% chance to revive them. She cannot protect herself.

Alyssa Ogawa - Has the same powers as Doctor Crusher.

Martinez - Has the same powers as Doctor Crusher.

<u>Engineers:</u>

Miles O'Brien - Chief O'Brien may use the computer to shut down the transporter one time. The Borg will not be able to use the transporter that Night. They will be aware that the transporter was shut down even if they do not attempt to use it that night.

Geordi La Forge - Lt. Commander La Forge may block one player's access to the computer each night. Data is immune.

Reginal Barclay - Has the same powers as Geordi La Forge.

Wesley Crusher - Has the same powers as Geordi La Forge.

Robin Lefler - Has the same powers as Geordi La Forge.

Civilians - have no powers:

Alexander - Worf's son.

Keiko O'Brien - Miles' wife.

Mot - The Barber.

Q:

* knows the identities of all of the Borg drones, however, they do not know him, and he cannot contact them
* knows the identity of Guinan
* knows which characters are not in the game
* his vote counts for 0
* may "make an appearance" during the day - he sends me a message privately, and I post it in the game thread and state that it is a message from Q
* is immune to death - anyone attempting to kill him will be informed of his identity instead. If lynched, he will simply leave the game. After being lynched, he may choose to make an appearance at the start of the next day by sending me a message during Night.
* may choose to appear as any character to Deanna and Lwaxana Troi, and to Commander Riker and the Borg's computer research.
* will be notified when targetted by ANY action - he will learn which character (but not which player) attempted it, and what the result was
* each night, he will be able to perform some of the following: 1) learn a player's role (their character) 2) block a player's Night actions (Guinan is immune) 3) silence a player so that they cannot speak the next day - cannot be used twice on the same player, and cannot be used at must-lynch (Worf cannot make a kill if he is silenced, but silenced players may still vote) 4) make a player's vote count for 0 the next day, but there is a 50% chance that a random villager's vote will count double for that day - cannot be used at must-lynch. The number of actions that Q can perform each Night is random. The formula used to determine how many actions he receives is secret, but it is safe to say that as the game progresses he will expect to receive fewer and fewer actions.

Gameplay:

Each day, the crew must vote to execute one player, or vote to kill no one by casting a "no lynch" vote. Each night, the Borg will attempt to kill one player. The Enterprise crew wins if it kills all four Borg drones. The Borg and Q will win if their voting power exceeds the voting power of the crewmembers at any time. Q's status is irrelevant towards the winning conditions for the Enterprise crew. He does not need to be lynched.

In addition to the powers that their characters have, the Borg may use the computer for one additional action each night. They may choose any action which is available to any of the characters listed above (except for Data's ability to monitor all actions). They also have access to one unique power - they may use the computer to transport themselves directly into the room of the person that they wish to kill at night, so that they can bypass locked doors.

The Borg must specify which of their players is performing the kill if a transporter is not used, because it is possible for the player to be locked in his own room and unable to leave to make the kill.

The Borg may chat privately amongst themselves at all times. No one else may discuss the game in any manner except for posting in this thread during Day.

Questions should be sent to me by PM and I will answer them here.

If you did not receive your role PM, then make sure your mailbox has space and then PM me.

IT IS NIGHT.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 3 [GAME THREAD]

Player List:

chuckleslovakian
clowntable
dmk
durron597
DustinG
Eskimo
FCBLComish
fmxda
Herbie
Iron Yuppie
J Bando
Lastchance
LuckayLuck
Matrix
Neil S
Nez477
Skoob
Spook
TFG

Days will run from approximately 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time.

The game will remain closed today and will restart tomorrow with the same roles.

IT IS NIGHT.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 AM

Everyone has been sent their role now, but I have no way to find out if there was anyone who did not read their message before it was lost in the rollback. If you did not read your PM or if you have forgotten which character you are, msg me immediately.

We are now restarting Day 1. All of the posts that were made yesterday are still considered to be part of the game, despite the fact that we cannot access them. Forcing people to forget them or to disregard them would be an impossible and ridiculous task. You may refer back to those posts or use them to form reads as you see fit. Obviously, though, vote counts are reset now.

IT IS DAY.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:51 AM

I suppose I should also mention that since I was not here between making the Day post yesterday and the time when the rollback occurred, I would not have received any messages that were sent to me. I should have mentioned this earlier, but I didn't really give it much thought.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:00 AM

luckay til one of us dies.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:09 AM

Vulcan Death Grip Durron

Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 AM

tfg
Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 AM

lynch chuckleslovakian
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Sup thread?

Lynch DMK
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 AM

So.... I keep thinking about the episode "Cause and Effect" where they have the same thing going on and on and on, only but leave clues behind each time so they can solve the puzzle.

What this means... well, I don't really know. But if Neil was a borg yesterday he's also a borg today.

So, Neil S.