Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 AM

Default 400nl semibluff spot

Villain is a semiregular, standard 20/18 or so. I have been laggy.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $798
CO: $284.20
Button: $394
Hero: $596
BB: $931.40

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $52</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($108, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $76</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($260, 2 players)

To bluff?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: 400nl semibluff spot

make pot committing bet obv call if he pushes.....gg if he has aq, ak prolly 4 bets?

high variance, but id put it in
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 AM

i think way too much of the villain's range is strong made hands here to make semibluffing here profitable, especially if you have a laggy image already.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Due to my Laggy image I'd say his range for calling the flop is something like most 88+, AQ, a rare AK, 87cc to KQcc. If he is only calling the turn shove with AK, AQ, 88, and the combo draws, it is clearly profitable, as I am 25% vs this range and he will be folding roughly 35% of his flop range.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:47 PM

If the guy has a low fold to cbet number I think I WOULD be much more likely to continue with the bluff here. However if he has like 75 or higher fold to cbet I am pretty sure you are going to get called (felt) by an Ace or better here and be drwing to just 9 outs .... (So I do not like continuing the semi bluff against that type of opponent)

Against someone that does not fold to cbets that often but is a solid reg the double barrel seems like it would work pretty well (I do not think you need many folds at all for it to be +EV with amount in pot and amount left in stacks)

Also, stack sizes dictate that you can not do anything else like CR obv and maintain any fold equity so you either bet turn or don't, I don't know what ideal size is since pushing would be little over the potsize ....
Old 11-27-2007, 04:56 PM

Preflop is bad, shove or bet/call is probably best here as I expect 88-KK is a lot of his range and he folds it every time. Putting clubs in his range is pretty bad as he would almost always shove those on the flop
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM

Tough players 2 barrel here.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is bad, shove or bet/call is probably best here as I expect 88-KK is a lot of his range and he folds it every time. Putting clubs in his range is pretty bad as he would almost always shove those on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this particular villain shoves all fd on this flop. I also don't think they are a big part of his range for calling the 3-bet preflop.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Preflop is also not horrible if I can work it into my game and I figure to get a lot of folds from the villain, who has a very wide opening range and is multitabling. Also, if he does call, his range is fairly narrow, and thus easy to play against. Like here, med pps+ , AQ, rare AK, and rare fd. PPs that missed make up a large chunk, and they will fold to a turn shove, so I shove turn with 20%+ equity when called.