Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 PM

Default 100NL - 9tabling Video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3Y62QUD

just over an hour video, and i ran like 16/8.5/4 durring this. some odd spots came up.

i wud really like comments on my AK hand (BB v SB on AQT board). and also the AJ hand where i c/f. (i know u wont agree with it. but id like to hear proposed lines. i was going to c the flop, delay CB the turn to increase calling range, get 2 streets of value, and mixup my CB %. however, i thought the snap PSB was huge, and stacks were odd so c/r was crap, c/c was kinda odd, and i didnt bet for the reasons listed above)

(heres the Codec if u dont have it already. DL the TSCC or w/e one

http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp )
Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: 100NL - 9tabling Video

I watched and thought you played ok. I feel I play pretty nitty poker and you made me feel like I get out of line every couple minutes.

You hit a set w/55 in a $6 pot on a Q85 two tone board and checked behind last to act. Pretty terrible IMO. Start building the pot and try to get monies in.

Folded to an ep $3 raise w/KJs in LP when >100bbs deep.

56 hand where you flop trips and get bet/3betted on the turn seems like a good standard fold that many people wouldn't make because zomg you have trips.

Calling with 88 to somebody reraising an UTG raise is pretty bad esp. since you say after that if you're reraising an UTG raise you can expect a 4 bet quite often.

AKs reraised pot was a very tough spot. I feel you just have to give him credit for a better hand or the same hand. I don't think you can profitably go past the flop. Your thought process there seemed pretty good as you said that calling just leaves you in the same spot you are now and raising sucks to.

Limping behind a limper w/88 in the cutoff is terrible.

I don't like your limp UTG w/99 but you're stubborn with this. I think you're good enough postflop to not become a total spewmonkey. I don't like checking the turn because it's apparent he has a draw himself (like 45). Bet/folding turn and checking river is far superior to checking turn and betting river because unmade hands can call a turn bet but not a river bet.

The ATs and A9s hands where you call out of the blinds show why position is very important. Fold preflop (in general) more often OOP.

Calling with QQ to a decent players hijack raise is bad. Why are you letting a competent player have position on you while you have a strong but vulnerable hand OOP? Get your money in while the gettings good.

In one hand you muck KTo on the button after a limp and say you may limp if it was suited. That should be a standard iso steal. Later on you raise a limper w/KTo which really confused me as to why you didn't the time before.

Tossing J8s on the button to an UTG raise 130bbs deep to somebody who raises only 4% of their hands seems like you're just passing up money.

The AJo hand was a fine fold. It would have been much easier if you lead though and might have lead to a different result.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 AM

Good laydown with the 65 trips against small blind donk then threebet. Interesting to see your 'adaptation of smash' style at some points, not how I like to play, but I like that you talk about table stats and limping big pairs in EP as well. Do you ever limp behind with big pairs at an action table?

I don't mind open folding AJo and maybe even AJs in EP. But AQ in EP I like to be raising, sure you get into some tough spots post-flop, but the rewards are in being less predictable raising in EP. Maybe if you are raising small pairs/suited connectors in EP they can be a substitute, but atm if I see a raise from you UTG I'm pretty set on your range AK, AA-JJ. Same deal with the 99 utg, sounds like you know you are going to get heat though. You spoke of increasing variance (I think check raising flush draws might create more varaince than this btw), but really you are 9-12 tabling, shouldn't bee too much of a concern.

There was one hand where there was a mid to late position raise from a (35/4.8) and you were the only caller out of the BB with ATs. In general though I don't like calling raises out of position with these types of marginal hands against players with this sort of pfr range, they are going to have you dominated a lot + position.

AK hand, I would have looked at the guys aggression factor post-flop... 4.8 (although small sample). He donk leads at for less than half the pot, folding feels so weak and wrong, raising is kind of kamikaze on that board, I take a turn card and re-assess.

I'm guilty of this myself a lot, but I find not tracking how you are running profit wise for the session to be +EV hehe. It seems like with a few things you are inhibited/worried by your bankroll, so won't judge you too harshly on being cautious.

Three-betting pre-flop? Didn't see a lot of it. One hand where I feel you could have, you have TT in the BB facing a raise from the CO+1 (30/13/5.0). That's the kind of spot where I like to three-bet. Obviously, I'd prefer to be doing it in position, but from what I saw of your play with pocket pairs I'm not sure you would have even in position. It just makes it so easy to play against when you do actually three-bet your bigger hands. Eek, just saw you flat call QQ in the BB facing MtoLP raise from 15/8/5.25. Embrace the three-bet! When you flat call these hands you just leave yourself in tough spots post flop, to me if you have the aggression you get outplayed less and make others make mistakes, instead of you, which is the essence of poker.

AJ hand, by checking the flop you just leave yourself open to being outplayed so much more. C-bet the flop, if he raises then your decision is so much easier. it is so much easier to play hands, extract value and make good laydowns when you have the initiative.

You also got me thinking with the whole data-mining for an hour before your session. Might be a reason for me to head back to Full Tilt =)

Overall, pretty awesome video. Love your thinking out loud and talking to yourself. I picked up a lot of useful info, thanks for sharing it!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 AM

NH.. seems good to me.. i like the small ball smash and grab strategy.

I like it.. your thinking out loud reminds me a bit of 'Bob Ross' for some reason.. Bob was day time TV so obv. compulsive viewing when i was at Uni 10 years ago.

Bob Ross

Bob Ross Alt
Old 10-21-2007, 07:41 AM

what's the 5-10 rule?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:56 AM

ok so i wrote a response and because i'm pretty drunk didn't realize it was a 3-bet pot. however, i still don't like your line. (i'm referring to the aks on the aqt board in bb vs sb pot).

i think you have to peel this flop. raising has no value. blind vs blind battles usually end up in people not believing the other person. in full ring, you'll see guys in the sb (even with those stats) show up with some surprising hands. they'll show up with a ton of suited aces.

you just have to call and reevaluate on the turn. i think your hand is too strong to give up that easily. of course you're never going to play for stacks with this hand, but you're definitely checking behind on the turn, folding to bets on the river, and value betting when checked to on the river. if he bets on the turn again, i just give up obv.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 AM

also, i think this spot is really tough and crappy and your line isn't really bad or anything, i just think mine is slightly better. don't beat yourself up over these spots, i think this one is pretty marginal either way.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.. your thinking out loud reminds me a bit of 'Bob Ross' for some reason..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha Ha. I thought the same thing (except Bob never swore at the screen). Happy trees...

Got sound but still trying to get the picture working (codec most likely.)
Old 10-21-2007, 08:05 AM

One thing i think that you do too little of is raising with pairs or other hands you like to limp with when one person limps in EP.

i really like to raise with a wider range especially when a tightish player limps in EP. they almost always have pairs. they almost always fold if they don't have one. all their other hands they just raise with themselves.

therefore, you have to attack them because they limp/call with so many pairs then just autofold almost always when they miss.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:01 AM

I hate Mega upload

this site just annoys the hell out of me!!