Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: River semi-bluff (yes, river) vs. Heisenb3rg

ILP,

"Sorry if I came off as rude. That was not my intention."

I didnt think you were being rude at all. Also even if you were rude to me I would never hold that against you

"It just seemed to me that if I need a 9-point plan to make this play where every factor has to fall into place I'd be much more likely to just botch it up. This is especially true in online poker where the action is so fast and you have 10-30 seconds to make the play."

Youre concerns are valid, in fact we can even argue that we really have even less time to make this play since we should probably do it in a fluid rhythm. If you think youre much more likely to botch this play up then it would probably be best to never run this play for you as long as youre aware of the potentional lazy thinking that could possibly pollute your game if you take this attitude too far.

Also, lets keep in mind that many profitable exotic plays may indeed be impossible to execute in the heat of battle. The only way to overcome this problem is to be ready to execute the play before the play ever happens. Hence the "playbook" reference. The best way to develope this playbook is to always have a winning player you can talk to about any hand/situation and that's what 2+2 is for.

"I disagree however with your conclusion that this would be a good play vs me because you are not a favorite vs my showdown range in that spot and therefore the raise is -EV."

I did not say that this would be a good play to run vs you. Based on what you said I think it's pretty clear this play would not work vs you.